Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Evoke SSV in the US? Why yes!

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
It would be great to see holdens sold as holdens in the US but I can see why GM doesn't do that - it's financially ridiculous to introduce an imported car from 'backwater' Australia - there would be car enthusiasts who would be wrapped with the idea - but the larger market wouldn't have a clue about it, and understandably so! Same reason they're sold as Vauxhalls in the UK. They have to make the product as recognisable to the general public as possible.

But it is awesome to see a few of these cars being recognised for what they are - and congratulations on a great conversion - really looks fantastic - and I hope the motor build works out how you want it.

Ditto what snips said.

Was in Holland in 2003 and meet a fellow who owned an L34 Torana. There's nothing better for making you feel home sick.

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
It would be great to see holdens sold as holdens in the US but I can see why GM doesn't do that - it's financially ridiculous to introduce an imported car from 'backwater' Australia - there would be car enthusiasts who would be wrapped with the idea - but the larger market wouldn't have a clue about it, and understandably so! Same reason they're sold as Vauxhalls in the UK. They have to make the product as recognisable to the general public as possible.

But it is awesome to see a few of these cars being recognised for what they are - and congratulations on a great conversion - really looks fantastic - and I hope the motor build works out how you want it.

The lack of general interest in the G8 was due to a lack of advertising by GM. At one point about 8 of us went to a car show together just after Pontiac. It was amazing to me how many people came by and didn't know what the Pontiac G8 was! After telling them about the G8 many people said something along the lines of: "Wow, I would have considered that for my next car", or something like that. The public simply didn't know about the car. Someone at GM needed slapped! After years of having crappy body cladded cars, Pontiac has an amazing top of the line car to offer, and no one knows about it. STUPID move GM!

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
First of... Very nice car Christian and good to see some of you guys in the states know the origins of these cars. Hard luck on your engine hopefully the new one will mend the loss of the old one. Just reading your last post surprised to have read that there was little to no awareness to the general public of the g8's wonder why GM didn't do much advertising (if that's the case) of the car.. I'm on a game that's based over in the states and as such I often ask people in this game if they have ever heard of the g8/commodore and I get little to no response to it.. But hopefully GM wont be stingy when this hits the U.S. shores..... Holden Commodore | Chevrolet

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Christian, If you really want to complete the VE Commodore look, you need to replace your rear diffuser for a honeycombe type.

...I'll swap ya! ;)

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
Christian, If you really want to complete the VE Commodore look, you need to replace your rear diffuser for a honeycombe type.

...I'll swap ya! ;)

I think I will leave that incorrect! I dislike the honeycomb diffuser a lot!
Some day I am really going to mess it up when I put HSV GTS Fenders on her.

Christiancoach

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore SSV
IT'S CHRISTMAS!!
Was supposed to arrive on Thursday, but got here today. Doesn't move the time frame up, because they weren't expecting it!
2011-04-19_14-30-01_663.jpg

2011-04-19_14-30-11_779.jpg