Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ex government department

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
eg. I’m yet to find photos that let me compare the better-bolstered early VF SSVR seats to the later ones in a way I can definitely see the difference

Here you go Forg, 2013 SSVR up top, 2017 below. Big difference in bolstering in the seat base (backs look fairly similar). Look at the passenger seat bolster closest to the centre console on the 2013 for better reference. :)

I believe they changed it because they were getting too many warranty claims for bolsters getting squished early. Even though that would more than likely have been due to lazy people not lowering themselves over the bolster rather than sitting on it when entering/exiting..

13152531-0656-4543-A1D9-A944580D9D31.jpeg
BEC990E7-CE9E-4248-8344-1A4BEE025794.jpeg

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
... or the mounted police (towing a horse float a few times a week)
That's easy to identify, check the length specs in the manual & if your tape-measure says the car is 3cm longer than the manual says then it's been towing a horse float. :)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Here you go Forg, 2013 SSVR up top, 2017 below. Big difference in bolstering in the seat base (backs look fairly similar). Look at the passenger seat bolster closest to the centre console on the 2013 for better reference. :)
Thankyou - your Google Fu puts mine to shame!
Ours is an MY14, I've just compared, we've got the red stitching but the smaller bolsters (which were still more bolstery than an SS when we test-drove both).
Is it an artefact of the photo, or is the MY17 backrest material perforated where it used not to be in MY13? The photo I've got of our MY14 seats doesn't have the backrest in-shot so I can't compare.

I believe they changed it because they were getting too many warranty claims for bolsters getting squished early. Even though that would more than likely have been lazy people not lowering themselves over the bolster rather than sitting in it when entering/exiting..
To be honest, I'm not able to avoid touching the bolsters when getting in, unless I can open the door fully; which sometimes isn't possible in parking areas, and often isn't possible when my better-half has parked it in the garage. Without the door fully open there's just some extra manoeuvring involved which has me dragging my thighs over the bolsters; my arse is still in the middle of the seat, but as the legs are still out the door they're compressing the bolster in an unwanted fashion. I'm trying to keep the plastileather moisturised to delay the inevitable cracking ...

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Is it an artefact of the photo, or is the MY17 backrest material perforated where it used not to be in MY13?

Can't quite tell to be honest, however, from memory seeing early and late ones in person, I don't believe either are perforated, happy to be corrected though.

To be honest, I'm not able to avoid touching the bolsters when getting in

Yeah, there's certainly situations where it's unavoidable, 'lazy' was a poor choice of word and doesn't apply to all situations.

Without the door fully open there's just some extra manoeuvring involved which has me dragging my thighs over the bolsters

Correct, I find the same in the senator, but each time it happens, a small part of me dies lol..

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director