Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ex government department

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Used buyers thought they were getting an SS interior coz they were getting an SS interior.
The only reason you wanted an SS interior was for the SS seat foam/bolstering/shaping … and they had Exec seats.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The only reason you wanted an SS interior was for the SS seat foam/bolstering/shaping … and they had Exec seats.

You mean the SS seat foam/bolstering/shaping like these ?

zEwkYzu.jpg

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I don’t understand why people love ex police vehicles likes it’s going to be in excellent condition? I wouldn’t go near one with a stick, couldn’t even pay me to own one. Anyway, good luck and enjoy! I won’t write a book length response as to why.

The thing with an ex-cop car is, you have a fair idea it has been thrashed, but has always been serviced....A car you buy that isn't an ex-cop car, you have no idea whether it has been thrashed and how reguarly it has been serviced, especially when the service manual has been "misplaced"

And for what it is worth...I own a 1977 ex-cop car....477 000 kays on the original motor (got the books, as part of the proof things are dinky...no smoke from the motor or rattles and more reliable than the 1979 model car I had when I took the cop car off the road....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My guess is the old thinking that they are somehow made better for police at the same cost (e.g. chipped and lsd). It is very hard to change opinions.

The only place I've heard police cars were "chipped" are people that make it up.....

I have had fun with youngins', when I was driving my 1977 model cop car around, complete with carburetted engine....Conversation would go something like this

That an ex-cop car

Yep

Got the chip in it

Na, not 1 chip, but I can get a packet for you to look at.

For some strange reason they'd gt all upset with me and walk off

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Since we on the topic, I had this photo taken one day, thought I'd crash a Ford cruise, I found it funny, so did every one of the owners of these Fords watching on. And they say I hate Holden :rolleyes:...

Last edited:

ol smokey

Reaction score
Members Ride
'82 VH wagon, '97 VT wagon, now '17 SS VF2 wagon
For some strange reason they'd gt all upset with me and walk off

My sort of humour. :)

Well, after a few days of enjoyment driving this beastie around I have to say it's definitely ex-cop and in near perfect condition. Just over 13,000kms and nothing wrong with it apart from quite a few small holes drilled here and there where 'things' were mounted. No dents or scratches on the duco, just a few minor blemishes.
Oh yeah, the original owner is listed as "Victoria Police, Dawson St, Brunswick" and the model is "SS Police Sportswagon"- sort of a giveaway. And the description is exactly as described by Stroppy in post #14, even to the colour and registration.

Me? I'm pleased, I reckon it was a bargain.

PS one mod the police had done was fit 20mm larger brake rotors in front, the rear rotors remained the same as stock.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
My sort of humour. :)

Well, after a few days of enjoyment driving this beastie around I have to say it's definitely ex-cop and in near perfect condition. Just over 13,000kms and nothing wrong with it apart from quite a few small holes drilled here and there where 'things' were mounted. No dents or scratches on the duco, just a few minor blemishes.
Oh yeah, the original owner is listed as "Victoria Police, Dawson St, Brunswick" and the model is "SS Police Sportswagon"- sort of a giveaway. And the description is exactly as described by Stroppy in post #14, even to the colour and registration.

Me? I'm pleased, I reckon it was a bargain.

PS one mod the police had done was fit 20mm larger brake rotors in front, the rear rotors remained the same as stock.
Congratulations enjoy!

Graham LS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Motorsport
If it only has 20k that car would of belong to the media unit. It would of been used for HWY Patrol TV Show. Hence why the low km”s. I know every car at Vic Pol as I work in the Fleet dept.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Ooh, celebrity!
Does the show allow the plates to be seen?
smokey, you could use old records to work out what the plates used to be, then scan through episodes looking for your TV Star. :)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
If it only has 20k that car would of belong to the media unit. It would of been used for HWY Patrol TV Show. Hence why the low km”s. I know every car at Vic Pol as I work in the Fleet dept.

How many of the new BMW's are the HWP using?
I was pulled over last night on the Calder for another 'routine interception'...