Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EXCESSV has arrived.....

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
hey deano how is ya? Found out some good news dude. keep ya rims! Theres finally an american company that have the brains to make slicks fof 19 inch rims. Waiting to here back from my friend ken satori (whos the speedchamp) about a price for them. His mate who will be importing them from america and will let us know how to get hold of them when he gets them in. Howd you go at the drags? Been back since i seen ya? I ended up with a 12.9 which is good but will see what happens with the tyres( if, when and how much i can get them for)
i have been good mate...how u been? was good to finally meet ya at the drags a few weeks back
nice result on the 12.9. what was the mph?
as i said above 13.3 @ 107mph is the best so far with a wonky tailshaft :cry:

thats good news about the slicks
is that full race slicks? which means front runners etc?
or are you talking at ET streets or a sticky race tyre?

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
UPDATE:
ANTI AXLE TRAMP KIT
Anti Axle tramp kit sort of installed.
4 out of the 7 bushes have been replaced...the other three require the diff, etc to be removed so when i go a 3.7 diff ratio i will do them but the guys at WA Suspension reckon the 4 they put in is enough to stop it.

now from initial tests....yet to go to the strip....they have reduced the axle tramp ALOT!...instead of tramping/shaking violently now at the same revs and launch it simply "skips" a couple of times as it gets moving.
so much better and thats at full tyre pressure so as i said..track test soon

FRONT CASTOR BUSH
also while the anti axle tramp kit was being installed i also had the front castor bush replaced...after seeing that under braking a VE front suspension moves forward and after measuring the standard castor bush allows up to 10mm of movement :eek: a replacement was definitely on the list

that too is to be tested on the track but initial driving gives a firmer brake pedal feel and also the suspension isnt "absorbing" the car under braking so all good signs so far.

STEREO
car was dropped off yesterday arvo to mate shop to get the stereo system installed. when i got there they told me 10" subs not possible to december sometime due to the Pioneer container ship being stolen :eek:
so i just went for the dual 12" subs like i had on the clubby and VT
1400W max per sub :eek:
will be there after work on tuesday, wednesday and ofcourse thursday(pickup) to take progress pics...

THINGS TO DO
1) change cats to unshielded to tuck them up higher for more clearance

2) then to wind the coilovers down a touch just to give it a lower stance

3) spoiler coming off...like the look without better

4) next friday having the car fully detailed with a protectant resin put over the top :D

5) alarm system

then in the near future...cam, brakes, rims

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
If you like, we can merge some of the posts for you....

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
If you like, we can merge some of the posts for you....
that would be good...no rush tho...
that way its only one thread and doesnt confuse ppl

thanks mate
Love your car mate! Have u got ur g8 lip yet?
thanks mate.
a friend just put the G8 lip on and it fits...so will be buying one early in the new year.

there is another g8 style lip that holden are selling that has 3 mounting holes which means it wont fit so i wanted to make sure...now i have...so i will order one soon

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
UPDATE:

heaps of delays with the stereo sub box but its done so now to install it all late this week.
the below is the perspex window now done for the stereo
img029.jpg

car is in getting the cats changed so i gain more clearance

tomorrow the coilovers are getting wound down some more...depending on how much we gain with cats will determine how much lower.

clutch is on its way out after a night at the drags so new one soon
also 20" rims in january and then lower the car again :D
diamo27_facemachinedblack-TA.jpg

G8 lip spoiler in january too

will have new pics of her a little lower and also the custom stereo install by the weekend.
have a LS1.com.au perth cruise/family xmas day that i and a couple of guys have organised so will have pics from that too