Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exec to SS headlights, S2 to S1 boot - pics!

vsdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec (RIP) & VYII 9C1
Hi all, thought I'd upload some pics of a couple of mods I think has improved the looks of my VYII. The headlights are the ebay SS copies, and the boot was from the wreckers, cheaper than getting the holes from that chrome strip filled and painted - I can't believe holden bolted it on!

execheadlights.jpg

SSheadlights.jpg

s2boot.jpg

s1boot.jpg

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
why would you want to make your car look more 'plasticy' with that number plate surround?
i know people who pay good money to get it painted their body colour, but thats just what i think

cheers

vsdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec (RIP) & VYII 9C1
well it's an easy swap to go back to the white number plate surround, the chrome strip was the bit i didn't like. i like the black at the moment, but i know what you mean, looks a bit cheap.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah i dont know what holden were thinking lol, "how can we make series II better? screw a chrome strip to the boot, that oughta do it!" haha

i got the chrome number plate surround, sooooo much better but it was a bitch to get my hands on but found one on ebay :)
i considered getting the strip as well for about 2 seconds then realised it was screwed on and there went that idea haha

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
stupid holden bolting that strip on :( i want to take mine off too as if they didnt use that double sided tape **** they use on everything else :(

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
I actually don't mind the strip tbh. Chrome number plate surround for the win though :p