Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
I've also been looking for a "2.5" catback for a couple of months just looks through Utube and am still not sold on xforce on my ssv. I have actually been looking more into a custom exhaust system from Sureflo

I've just had a custom catback done for my ssv wagon. 2 1/2 inch.
Loving it so far, and just about to put cats on with hsv headers.
It was done in dandenong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
With regards to an sv6 it's gonna be hard to get a nice note out of it. Particularly SIDI with the firing order and direct injection. I can't say I like the sound on them full stop wouldn't matter what you did. So there's no point comparing an sv6 to a v8 anyway. And NAAF is right. Wouldn't matter weather it's xforce, kpm or Difillipo if you went back and said I don't like the sound I want my money back they will probably laugh at you. Although kpm offer a 'no drone' garruntee i can't imagine you would easily get your money back if you weren't satisfied. You're only gonna get a refund if in fact the product is faulty. The manta exhaust it's self is just made perfect. My dad was a welder for 30 years and complimented the workmanship of the manta. The xforce just looked like a cheap mas produced product. The kiss pipe and the unesisary section where the pipes flatten out are restrictive and poorly designed IMO. Pirate defends xforce for value for money. Well I wouldn't say it's value for money. I paid about the same price for my mild steel manta as you pay for an stainless xforce system. I know what I'd rather. Even my missus who knows absolutely nothing about cars noticed how much quieter the car is after fitting the manta.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Ill also mention that xforce sound ok from outside the car. Not the best but ok. Inside the car is a different story. So that along with workmanship they don't really stack up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

crackpot77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv 6.0L
I think Xforce on a Ve ss or Hsv sound great because I've heard it on both. I heard Difillipo on a ss ute and didn't like them as the sound was just to soft for my liking. Which exhaust setup do you have?

crackpot77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv 6.0L
I kind of have to agree with the comment about an exhaust system on a 6. I wouldn't bother. I remember when I had a six and put on a catback but just couldnt' justify the gain when putting headers and cats otr and tune... But if you have the money then go for glory!

crackpot77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv 6.0L
I've just had a custom catback done for my ssv wagon. 2 1/2 inch.
Loving it so far, and just about to put cats on with hsv headers.
It was done in dandenong.

Did you get the 1/3/4 headers with 3 inch cats or 2.5 inch cats? and if you did get the 2.5 inch cats how are they on fuel? Or does that not matter at all, I don't know?

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
Did you get the 1/3/4 headers with 3 inch cats or 2.5 inch cats? and if you did get the 2.5 inch cats how are they on fuel? Or does that not matter at all, I don't know?

I haven't put the headers/cats on yet, but the cats are 2 1/2 inch. Just about to buy a vcm otr so I only need the 1 tune.

crackpot77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv 6.0L
I would have just asked for a refund if there was a problem. Ever heard of ACCC? They follow up on disputes with businesses. You do know that don't you? Or was the installer dodgy?