Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Expressions Of Interest

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
ok, info wanted

im after ecu no's guys, gals
so far i have the following info

holden vn/vp ecu service no 1227808. it's located on the front of the ecu case, it's called the service no. it's a7 digit no
vr 3.8 auto 16183082
manual 16176424
vr v8 (5 ltr) auto 16183082

im still chasing info
the service no is located on the front of the ecu case, it's called the service no
if anyone has a v series commie with a pcm (not ecu) and are able to give me some no's tha twould be great, there are different no's for the vr as what's listed above, the differnt no's include changes and fixing in chips

cheers
garth

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
did you want more VN V6 autos?

i had a look anyway and i can't see it, there's a big sticker on the front of the ECU but it's faded or fallen off. i can't see anything else while it's mounted to the panel.

Garth

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
that';s the problem im having here jules, the sticker's are fading with age, im looking threw a service book i took from my appreniceship day's and so far, i only got something for the vn,vp ecu, still working on the pcm for newer car's

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
my advice would be ring a holden dealer and ask for the part number. they will give it to you usually, it saves them hunting through PartFinder again when you come to purchase it.

not 100% honest but it's hardly armed robbery

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
i'll be up for 1 of them or maybe 2

how long it it before the shop is up and running ?????

Garth

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
ok people, time for a quick update on where i stand with the aldl device

sad to say i doubt very much it will be ready for the cruise, i have 1 working adaptor to date, but i do have problems with it, ill run my problem past you all

the way the device works it it uses a transistor to invert the aldl 160 buad data rate so the home pc will pick it up, now it's a bc522 type gp transistor, there is a led that flashes with the whole thing to let the user know it's transmiting the way it should, now the problem is as followes

i can hook up aldl connector to the ecu and it sends traffic to pc, i can read trafic on pc and determin my settings from there, i then open up a different software peice and i can grab more specific info from the ecu, i.e. actual map codes and files. now when i connect up aldl connector the the ecu it works for about 20 sec's then the transistor dies, now it's not a resistance problem, the resistors i have chosen are doing their part proberly, it's not a desing problem, i got a feeling that the program im using is trying to send info back threw the bloody transisitor, cause it's connected to transmit via the loop line, it act's like a diode, only alowing info to go one way, the minuite it does something it shouldnt, it blow's the transistor preventing any ecu dammage full stop.

any idea's? help, im going crazy with this bloody thing.

also cost's so far, when it's up and running the cost will be around the $40 mark, for the connector and software, (cause the software isnt mine i wont sell it, it's not a copyright software i guess you could say it's shareware)

as for laptops, i got a mate who can organise them for member's for around the $180 mark for a basic laptop to run just the software and nothing else. laptop prices will vairy, the price above is a general price on a basic one. of course if basic one's arnt available at the time, other laptops will be available, but cost will be different, it's a case of email me for a price on laptops and ill give you the phone no of the guy to call

for a extra amound i can suply a whole heap of dc inverters for the laptop to plug into the cigerate lighter so it has a constant supply of power.

if anyone out there has different software i would love a copy, it needs to be for the vn,vp commie, as that's the only aldl connection im working on at the moment.

cheers
garth
email is, [email protected] dont ask me questions about priciples of operation via forum post, i dont wanna block up the forum with reply's, i will answer emails instead

Gav95VS

Reaction score
Yeah put me down for one,
but what would the cost be?
and how user friendly would the interface be?

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE (Gav95VS @ Feb 24 2004, 11:14 AM) But what would the cost be?
and how user friendly would the interface be?
As Garth said in his last post

QUOTE also cost's so far, when it's up and running the cost will be around the $40 mark, for the connector and software, (cause the software isnt mine i wont sell it, it's not a copyright software i guess you could say it's shareware)

QUOTE email is, [email protected] dont ask me questions about priciples of operation via forum post, i dont wanna block up the forum with reply's, i will answer emails instead

Cheers

Jake

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
QUOTE (Garth @ Feb 24 2004, 10:25 AM) any idea's? help, im going crazy with this bloody thing.
no, none, you're on your own here i'd say

garth have you looked into cards you can add to your PC that will convert analogue signals to digital, and vice versa? these can be bought. i'm not sure if that's the exact problem you're having, but it struck me they could be a solution.

Jimbo

Reaction score
They generally use a MAX232 chip and associated componentry to convert the signal level to that of what the PC wants.

If you suspect the PC to be trying to write back or set levels top something different to what you're spitting out via 'your circuit' can ytou insert some components to absorb the difference, e.g. another resistor.

From your description, if the ECU is spitting out level changes, to which your scaling/switching with your circuit and then you have something on the other side trying to set these differently, something's gotta give. The bit in the middle, e.g. your switching transistor.