Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F1 Wtf?

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
MoSkA said:
I've always liked Rubens, I always thought he had a lot of talent that was wasted on second place.
I reckon if Rubens was with a team that respected him a little more as a driver and gave him a little more freedom, he would have been a star.
I like Schuey, he is without a doubt one of the greatest drivers of all time, but I'm a Ferrari Fan, I couldn't care less who was winning as long as they're winning in a Ferrari. I want to see Yarno (SP?) Trulli and Giancarlo Fischichella (haha sp?) in Ferrari's. 2 Italian's in an Italian beast, would be a dream come true.
I Agree with the Rubens Comment he never seems 2 get a fair go but Schumacher has always been the centre of attention @ Ferrari since he came from bennaton. Are well what can ya do.

1. 5 Fernando Alonso Renault Winner 10
2. 9 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes +11.8 secs 13 8
3. 1 Michael Schumacher Ferrari +81.9 secs 3 6
4. 3 Jenson Button BAR-Honda +1 Lap 7 5
5. 16 Jarno Trulli Toyota +1 Lap 2 4
6. 6 Giancarlo Fisichella Renault +1 Lap 6 3
7. 17 Ralf Schumacher Toyota +1 Lap 11 2
8. 11 Jacques Villeneuve Sauber-Petronas +1 Lap 10 1
9. 2 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari +1 Lap 5
10. 14 David Coulthard Red Bull Racing +1 Lap 15

Fastest Lap: Kimi Räikkönen 1:16.423

5DAYS TILL SILVERSTONE !!! - The next race should be interesting hopefully!

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Whats Going On 4 Williams?

Hey guys do u think of Williams worst round so far since Canada last year? Is this panic time @ the team or just roblems and concerns because of engine manufacture for next year? :bop:

Mark Webbers Comments after the Race:

“My race was hampered today by a huge problem I had with heat in the ****pit area. It became so intense that I had to ask for some water to be poured in around my seat at the pit-stops. It was very uncomfortable to race in that condition and as a result, I now have a large raw burn on my right hip which the doctor has treated. The race itself was difficult, because after starting from poor grid position, we were struggling at the back of the pack. We have a lot of work to do.” :whistling

Webber:

Webber ****pit heat, believed to be transmitted from the skid-blocks on the underside of the chassis - Things didn't help webber whenwater poured down the back 2 cool him down but he still needed 2 seek medical attential for burn marks :b: .

Heidfeld:

Problems with Handling and 6 pit stops was not the thing Williams needed along with Webbers troubles. Altought he did finish the race in 14th place.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Schuey on the podium... Interesting :D...

He's on his way back baby!

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
MoSkA said:
Schuey on the podium... Interesting :D...

He's on his way back baby!

If we wins the championship this year it'll be only due to the fact nobody raced in the USA, a hollow victory indeed.

I see now the other drivers in the GP drivers assoc. are calling for him to step down as their chief. Apparently he refused to sign their letter of support for Michellin and the 7 teams on the grounds that it was 'a technical isssue not a safety issue'(!!!) and he has also failed to back up DC who has allegedly been threatened by Max Mosely after his comments and actions in the US. I hope they do piss the FIA and Mosely off and form their own comp -they don't need Ferrari (which is what the F in FIA now stands for apparently) either.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Whoa Whoa Whoa slow down, if there's a team F1 doesn't need it's Minardi, or Red Bull... These guys slow the races down.
New rule: You get lapped, you leave the race track.

It would be interesting to see F1 leave the FIA behind, I think if the Teams ran the shop it'd be much better racing.

You seem to have a lot against Schuey, what are you? A Karthikaien(SP?) fan?

I'm all for the racing being faster, but at this rate F1 will end up being like the Champ Cars, I can't watch the champ cars, there's no overtaking and they only overtake when they use the NOS.
Silverstone pissed me off.
These new aero rules piss me off. The one's which stop cars from gettings within 10m of eachother.
I remember the days of tailgating your opponant down the straight, gettings that slipstream effect and slingshoting infront of them.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
MoSkA said:
Whoa Whoa Whoa slow down, if there's a team F1 doesn't need it's Minardi, or Red Bull... These guys slow the races down.
New rule: You get lapped, you leave the race track.

Minardi, no we don't need them. Red Bull? Are you serious, they have been relatively competitive this year! I think you mean Jordan, they're useless!

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Ok Granted, Red Bull with Coulty has been a little bit competetive but still nowhere near the frontrunners...

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
MoSkA said:
You seem to have a lot against Schuey, what are you? A Karthikaien(SP?) fan?

Ummm, Adelaide '94 and Jerez '97 for a start. Austria '03 was an embarrasment to the sport and the follow up race in the US no better. The "I'm Michael you can't over take me" attitude isn't much to be proud of (see Schuey v Montoya at Monza '03). I'm an F1 fan and when he pulls stupid stuff like that it hurts the sport. Sure he does good things like donate money to kids charity, but it's the bad sportsman-like things he does that tarnish all that. I admire Mika Hakkinen who beat Michael not with the same tactics Michael uses (of which Mika has never spoken of until I read a recent interview) but with skill and nous that ment he didn't need to resort to anything unsportsman-like to win (watch the race at Spa in 2000 to see what I mean). I'm only stating facts, like the drivers being unhappy with his attitude to the US incident - that is fact, not my opinion.

Are you fair dinkum when you say ban Minardi and Red Bull??? You might as well ban Williams at the moment as well. What is your lapped car rule supposed to achieve? Overtaking slower cars is a skill and it makes for a more interseting race. It's another variable you need to factor in like the weather, I mean why not cancel races if it's wet as well.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
I thought about it a bit and realized we do kinda need teams like minardi, red bull, jordan etc. These are the teams that hold the stars of the future...

Majesticknights

The Dark Prince
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL HDT Calais Wagon Brock 346 stroker
killing the sport is not rong and they justify the changes buy saying it is to lowe the costsassociated with racing, if there is one motorsport in the world where cost isnt an issue then F1 is it. it isnt like now they r running cheaper so me n u can go out and race. to cut cost furtherwithin the next 2 yrs the 3ltr v10's are being reduced to v8's... mmm shud see if ma vn will keep up..... with the pace car, anyhow the new v8s are currently in testing and i think are set for release nxt yr. F1 has become a race for reliability now not to be the fastest an dbest on the day but to have the most reliable car