Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Failed lifter or something else?

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Damn...mine sounds similar only not as “metally” as yours; mine currently has a distinct “tic tic tic tic”.....only 8500 kms on the clock....shits me to tears

Ohh that sux. I posted a video so peeps could hear what a failed lifter sounds like. If the sound dies off when the engine revs past idle I’d suspect its a lifter. Mine was possibly more metallic because I have heavy dual value springs which hold the lifter harder against the cam lobe.

The ls3 lifters were supposed to be better than the l77 variety but It seems lately I’ve been hearing of a few failures. In saying that I cam swapped early and had done 85000kms since driving it like it was stolen so it wasn’t a big surprise when it happened.

You should hit the dealer up to fix it!

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ohh that sux. I posted a video so peeps could hear what a failed lifter sounds like. If the sound dies off when the engine revs past idle I’d suspect its a lifter. Mine was possibly more metallic because I have heavy dual value springs which hold the lifter harder against the cam lobe.

The ls3 lifters were supposed to be better than the l77 variety but It seems lately I’ve been hearing of a few failures. In saying that I cam swapped early and had done 85000kms since driving it like it was stolen so it wasn’t a big surprise when it happened.

You should hit the dealer up to fix it!
Hell yeah the dealer will sort this out; still have 12 months of manufacturer warranty left. That’s the other thing; I have only put 1600kms on the clock.....she’s brand new. I suspect the dealers drove it like they stole it and didn’t run her in nicely