Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fair price for a SSV Redline?

mbiondo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Looking at a few 2016 VFII SSV Redlines, and am wondering whats a fair price for one of these? On carsales, many of them are around the $50 - 60K range, dependent on kilometers etc (10-20K Kms). Is an offer of $45K to low for these cars? We all tend to advertise our cars at higher prices because we know we'll get talked down in negotiation. Just trying to get a feel for how much I should be paying for one of these?

Thanks

Airalistair

Reaction score
Members Ride
Spitfire green MY16 redline Ute with amcat canopy.
I’ve had my my16 Ute with 17,000km and $9000 worth of extras advertised on this site, car sales, multiple face book pages and parked on corners etc for $52k for 6 months now. Not one single enquiry. Zero. It’s a buyers market, I’d say they aren’t worth a pinch of **** as anyone with any interest in owning one already has one.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Looking at a few 2016 VFII SSV Redlines, and am wondering whats a fair price for one of these? On carsales, many of them are around the $50 - 60K range, dependent on kilometers etc (10-20K Kms). Is an offer of $45K to low for these cars? We all tend to advertise our cars at higher prices because we know we'll get talked down in negotiation. Just trying to get a feel for how much I should be paying for one of these?

Thanks

45k offer is fine

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6

Thanks

Think you will struggle at 45K, heaps of the ex rental redlines at pickles with 30>40k going for 46k at auction

https://www.pickles.com.au/cars/ite...-V-Redline--Sedan--5-Seats--4-Doors/103489796

https://www.pickles.com.au/cars/ite...-V-Redline--Sedan--5-Seats--4-Doors/980342426

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
i think the issue with the 2016 is that its kept its value up fairly high which would tease buyers to simply look at buying a new one.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The GMH ex-company fleet Redlines are making more than your $45k offer at dealer only auction, so I don't like your chances of owning one for your $45k offer.....

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline

There's three Redlines at Pickles in Belmore that have been there for quite a while. I think the fact they are ex rentals is turning people off.
They also look like they've been buffed with sandpaper.

I think an offer of $50k for a low km, well looked after Redline is quite reasonable

lockwood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MSE
You can have my Red Motorsport, manual, 600k's, full front end covered in clear 3M protection ($1,400) complete with Motorsport car cover for $65,000

Canberra

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
I believe people are buying new ones rather than second hand ones as well, so like mentioned above, making it a buyers market. I have been watching carsales for 12 months and there are a lot of private and dealer cars that don't move and no one is reducing their prices.

People obviously paid a lot of money for them and with low KM are trying to recover as much as they can.

I looked at buying a Redline wagon with under 5,000km on it and by the time you add stamp duty and transfer it is actually cheaper to buy a new car which is what I did! (especially if you buy from interstate as you have to pay for 12 months rego when transferred into Vic as well.)

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I believe people are buying new ones rather than second hand ones as well, so like mentioned above, making it a buyers market. I have been watching carsales for 12 months and there are a lot of private and dealer cars that don't move and no one is reducing their prices.

People obviously paid a lot of money for them and with low KM are trying to recover as much as they can.

I looked at buying a Redline wagon with under 5,000km on it and by the time you add stamp duty and transfer it is actually cheaper to buy a new car which is what I did! (especially if you buy from interstate as you have to pay for 12 months rego when transferred into Vic as well.)

Some people might make $$$ if they could sell, redlines in 2016 were going as low as 55K on road(auto sedan) post 711

This thread had great prices listed but no one does now due to high prices

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...d-you-get-for-your-vf-series-2.248836/page-36