Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fantastic News

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
NASCAR is THE most boring f......n THING to watch on TV.I rather watch F1's (not much diff either) Nothing beats our supercars,nothing.

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
How can you say that when we've had V8 races this year that were just as much like the F1 processions that go on??? :bang:

The V8's are by far and away the best racing category out there, but where do you think they get a lot of thier ideas from??? Where did this years rule on changing 4 of 2 tyres come from??? What about the idea of the development series??? Funny how NASCAR have had all these things for years. Christ, JC himself, Tony Cochrane, even admits to wanting to follow the NASCAR way and why not if it helps V8's beocme as popular here as NASCAR is in the US.

How many NASCAR races have you seen??? I'd like to know how 36+ cars all racing door handle to door handle at F1 speeds can be boring? Do you still have a pulse? :D I mean, there are just that many different possibilities as to who can win one of those races. For example with only 3 or 4 laps left you think the guy in front has it stitched up for sure then before you know it a line of 4 or 5 cars have drafted out from behind him and left him behind while they fight it out. You should check out some of the winning margins in their races. They leave what we think is close for dead.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
It's boring in my opinion (NASCAR) because I've never heard of any of those damned drivers, and those cars aren't available here.. there's nothing to tell them apart other than the colours ('coz I can't tell one model from another they look almost the same)

Anyhow I think V8s should get a power to pass button, would make things interesting that's for sure

VSTrev

The Stig!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VS Ute
I'm going to have to agree with perkins here. If you take motorsport at face value then you arn't a true fan.

We have the luxury of having the best motor sport in the world, you can rock up to a race or watch it on TV and not know anything about motorsport and enjoy it. F1 and NASCAR require knowledge. I have not seen a NASCAR race because channel 10 the so called home of motorsport don't show it, but let me speak for F1.

F1 is not totally about the racing like V8s are. F1 is about politics. More stuff goes on off the track then on the track. The on track stuff is just the fun stuff. Its the cover of a very large book. Once you open that book you find a fascinating world

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
Spot on VSTrev

And not knowing who the drivers are doesn't make it any less intersting. Christ, I only know a few of them and I admit that when we watch the races we put **** on their names, how they talk, the way the commentators commentate, but if you look past all that, the racing is very good and close. Like Trev said about F1, if you look into NASCAR and learn a bit about it, you'll see there is more to it than a bunch of blokes going round in circles.

V

vtchick

I've nevr really gotten into Nascar. But i will definately be watchin next year to watch Ambrose get thrashed and cry!!! It looks pretty cool, but i would understand it more if I knew who they all were i think.

D

dave085085

Hopefully ten will show NASCAR when Ambrose makes it there. i cant wait for it.

"It's boring in my opinion (NASCAR) because I've never heard of any of those damned drivers, and those cars aren't available here.. there's nothing to tell them apart other than the colours ('coz I can't tell one model from another they look almost the same)."

Juzza, thats the most ignorant comment ive ever seen. how did u learn the drivers names in the V8's? how did u learn the models of the cars? BY WATCHING IT!!!
how do u expect to know drivers names if u dont watch the sport. your an idiot for that comment

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
You're right on the money there, Dave.

Who can name the whole V8 Supercar field that participated at Oran Park 2 weeks ago??? And I mean off the top of your head, not by going back and looking it up :p.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
dave085085 said:
Juzza, thats the most ignorant comment ive ever seen. how did u learn the drivers names in the V8's? how did u learn the models of the cars? BY WATCHING IT!!!
how do u expect to know drivers names if u dont watch the sport. your an idiot for that comment

Thanks, I enjoy being called an idiot over the internet, great show of maturity.. I don't like NASCAR. I'm allowed to dislike whatever I want, and if I think that the reason I dislike NASCAR is because I don't know the drivers or couldn't care less about the cars they're driving then I guess I'm the idiot. How are people meant to learn all the drivers names and get to know them when they're not all always racing (how many teams try to enter a race and how many actually get in?) Where's the politics? All they show on Fox Sports is the racing. I'm sure Amercians when they're not blowing something/someone up get the same coverage as we get of the V8s, but we don't get that kind of coverage of their NASCAR now do we? I'm not gonna bother returning to this particular forum, go to hell.

perkins - Thanks for agreeing that I'm an idiot, you've both made my day. Probably not many would know the whole field, but at least you know all the teams, where they stand.. how many teams are there in NASCAR? We don't get the same coverage of the thing as V8s, that's why at least I don't like them, V8s is more exciting than NASCAR to me, hell any kind of circuit racing is..

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
well, I was going to continue this debate, and say that I don't believe I endorsed the idiot comment (the razz smiley at then end shows that), although I think I've read far harsher descriptions of people. But I guess I'm talking to no one here as you ain't coming back - now there's a real sign of maturity; run away from the debate don't try and put your points across without getting all emotional when others take a differing view 'cause that would be just plain silly...