Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FATSSV - Charged, cammed, bagged and "stanced"

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
470rwkw Twin Turbo VE SS-V
Nothing really new, just getting the car out and about to enjoy the weather Melbourne has been experiencing lately. First off, the ECM cruise:

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

And finally, helping out a mate for his wedding:

IMG_2940.jpg

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

JNew

Reaction score
Awesome car Turbodragon. Couple of questions for you. What size tyres did you go front and rear and what offsets are you running? Is there any reason you went for a staggered setup? Was it because that was only what was available? You were saying you wanted to get the fronts like the rears, would you consider doing maybe 10" rims front and rear?

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Awesome car Turbodragon. Couple of questions for you. What size tyres did you go front and rear and what offsets are you running? Is there any reason you went for a staggered setup? Was it because that was only what was available? You were saying you wanted to get the fronts like the rears, would you consider doing maybe 10" rims front and rear?

Thanks mate! Tyres are 225/30/20 at the front adn 245/30/20 at the rears. Yeah, I have considered going 10s all 'round but thinking it might make the front look to "nose heavy", but yet to see someone with 10s all 'round with dish.

I'm keen to see what other people have done with 10s all round, especially with dish though.

JNew

Reaction score
Thanks mate! Tyres are 225/30/20 at the front adn 245/30/20 at the rears. Yeah, I have considered going 10s all 'round but thinking it might make the front look to "nose heavy", but yet to see someone with 10s all 'round with dish.

I'm keen to see what other people have done with 10s all round, especially with dish though.

How come a 30 profile over 35 profile? I might get a couple of extra 10" rims and try them on for size on the front, but I tend to agree with you too big in the front can make it look nose heavy. What offset did you end up going front and rear?

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
How come a 30 profile over 35 profile? I might get a couple of extra 10" rims and try them on for size on the front, but I tend to agree with you too big in the front can make it look nose heavy. What offset did you end up going front and rear?

Oops, maybe the profile is 35? Not sure mate, car is at home and I'm at work so can't check lol whereabouts you located mate?

Can't remember the offsets exactly mate, but I do remember the rears were way off from +20. You might have some major clearance issues with +20, depending how low you want to go.

JNew

Reaction score
Oops, maybe the profile is 35? Not sure mate, car is at home and I'm at work so can't check lol whereabouts you located mate?

Can't remember the offsets exactly mate, but I do remember the rears were way off from +20. You might have some major clearance issues with +20, depending how low you want to go.

I'm in Brisbane. I was well down the track of my project when I came across your wagon. So that's I thought I'd pick your brains. Offsets etc are so bloody confusing. So I'm having my wheels custom made with a wide offset die which the manufacturuer just machines back anyway to the correct offset. I will probably come back to a +25 or +30 offset.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm in Brisbane. I was well down the track of my project when I came across your wagon. So that's I thought I'd pick your brains. Offsets etc are so bloody confusing. So I'm having my wheels custom made with a wide offset die which the manufacturuer just machines back anyway to the correct offset. I will probably come back to a +25 or +30 offset.

Yeah, there's not really any "concrete" information on offsets for commodores cos one person's idea of "perfect fit" is completely different to another person's.

Was gonna say if you were local, you're more than welcome to check the wheel fitment for yourself and make a decision from there :)