Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FIRST CAR - 2008 VE SV6 !!

Debor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
************ Live in Victoria so dont tell me to buy a v8 ************
about to hop on my p's and im looking at a 2008 VE sv6 with 138000 kms, he already did the exhaust, cold air - with a custom tune and he done the LSD cause the autos don't come with them apparently, iv'e got a fair bit on knowledge on the car and have done some research but still wanting to know more hes priced it at 9500 obviously i don't wanna pay that maybe abit lower but how do you all feel about the price ? and id like to know common problems and things yall hate about the VE Sv6's
and if i lower it with SSL's does it matter what rims i get ? will them rub or anything ?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Any info on the timing chains?

Rubbing will totally depend on the wheel (diameter/width/offset) and tyre used.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
************ Live in Victoria so dont tell me to buy a v8 ************
about to hop on my p's and im looking at a 2008 VE sv6 with 138000 kms, he already did the exhaust, cold air - with a custom tune and he done the LSD cause the autos don't come with them apparently, iv'e got a fair bit on knowledge on the car and have done some research but still wanting to know more hes priced it at 9500 obviously i don't wanna pay that maybe abit lower but how do you all feel about the price ? and id like to know common problems and things yall hate about the VE Sv6's
and if i lower it with SSL's does it matter what rims i get ? will them rub or anything ?
Hi
Where did you go to school. usa?

Mick06 svz

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz svz 3.5l alloytec
9.5k seems overpriced. If you want to haggle the price I suggest you do the obvious and question everything..how’s it’s service history, any major repairs, does the box shift hard or slip, any irregular noises, inspect interior, instruments and trim for defects, any old codes it threw up, the list goes on.

Last edited:

Debor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
9.5k seems overpriced. If you want to haggle the price I suggest you do the obvious and question everything..how’s it’s service history, any major repairs, does the box shift hard or slip, any irregular noises, inspect interior, instruments and trim for defects, any old codes it threw up, the list goes on.
Its got full service history and has been maintained really well, i was thinking to come down to 7500 or somewhere around that mark and with the rims if i chuck on different 18 inch ones with SSL's will i need to change anything else or itll all be okay?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Why don't you get a car that isn't going to be cop bait as your first car?

Mick06 svz

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz svz 3.5l alloytec
Its got full service history and has been maintained really well, i was thinking to come down to 7500 or somewhere around that mark and with the rims if i chuck on different 18 inch ones with SSL's will i need to change anything else or itll all be okay?
Myself personally, I wouldn’t invest anything based on looks when it comes to handling. I prefer not to have the hassle’s of a lowered car but invest in good shock absorbers or coil overs. But that’s just my opinion...

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
being a 08 check that timing chains have been done, any rattle at start up etc etc.