Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fog ballast air intake ?

callan91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega 3.0L Series 2
Hey guys,

I installed a sv6 bumper and have not put in the fog lights because it seemed to be a bit pointless with ADR rules.
I saw a comment in a thread about a guy with a clubsport ? who put a pod filtre in one of his fog light bezels when he went to the drags.
Sounds in theory like a good mod but do you think it will work better than stock performance wise ?
Any opinions or thoughts would be great cheers.

callan91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega 3.0L Series 2
just fit some driving lights instead (not foglights) and wire them up to highbeam instead of parklights.
Was thinking about doing that but the fact i could get a cheap performance gain instead seemed better.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Was thinking about doing that but the fact i could get a cheap performance gain instead seemed better.

I reckon the main advantage to said clubsport? would be the fact that after waiting in a queue, doing a quick burnout and pulling up to the start line = a very warm engine bay.
His pod filter positioning would bypass this issue and probably gain 0.1sec in his ET's. but also be of little or no advantage in everyday commuting. IMO

callan91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega 3.0L Series 2
Ah okay thanks for the input guys .. And maybe if i can get the colour match right it wont look to bad as a DRL.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Just be careful. When driving in the rain, water will be hitting the front bar and of course going into the fog light area which wil saturate the filter. This will reduce the flow, and in the worst case scenario, allow water into the engine.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
^ What he said. That filter would get saturated when it rains. Rain directly hitting bar, and the water splashing up off the road too. It's at a level that would catch a hell of a lot of water.

PHaSR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LUMINA
I remember seeing a (I think Street Machine, but couldve been Street commodores or something.)
That had taken funnels and attached wide ducting hoses to focus air flow from the front dams to the brake rotors for use at track days. that seems to me a better idea than the pod filter.

Is a mod like that legal?