Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford Falcon

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Please tell me you checked the tyre pressures after it was sitting around for a few years. Charles Darwin says the odds are stacked against you.....

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Ari, I meant I didnt want to spend money buying a set of mags, lowering it and such like that. Ill be spending money on the main things.
Low_VX_Taxi, The 18's was from BF falcon. The studs all lined up.. It was just the suspension rubbing on the tyre.. Yeah Ill get it serviced and etc.
monkeys437, Yeah 2nd thing I did when I got it home was check the tyre pressures.

Also. Battery is defiantly a problem.. Im also thinking the fuel filter might be clogged up making it sometimes stall..

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Or the fuel line clips could be broken... But Fuel filter is a safer bet :p You should keep it.. And paint it hot pink and put shag pile carpet throughout the interior... And get diamond encrusted mags... and and and! a two ft high Carbon Fiber spoiler... Extractors into 2.5'' exhaust.. and a TEN INCH MUFFLER TIP ON IT! :O THAT WOULD SOUND AWESOME...

On a side note: The hot chocolate I had this morning, was quite nice.

Wish I owned a nice EB... I would keep it forever!

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
Or the fuel line clips could be broken... But Fuel filter is a safer bet :p You should keep it.. And paint it hot pink and put shag pile carpet throughout the interior... And get diamond encrusted mags... and and and! a two ft high Carbon Fiber spoiler... Extractors into 2.5'' exhaust.. and a TEN INCH MUFFLER TIP ON IT! :O THAT WOULD SOUND AWESOME...

On a side note: The hot chocolate I had this morning, was quite nice.

Wish I owned a nice EB... I would keep it forever!

i actually saw an EA-D falcon that was pretty much like what you described haha i nearly spewed hahaha but it was blue, and had those cheap 17in homo mags, yous know the ones. lol

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
buy head gaskets in bulk. at least they are piss easy to replace. when the head gasket goes, which it will, put an AU head gasket on it. much better.

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
mate the wheels dont fit because E series falcons have a different offset to ba onwards. if your keen on using ba wheels u need 30mm hub adaptors. while theyre not expensive keep in mind they are illegal

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
mate the wheels dont fit because E series falcons have a different offset to ba onwards. if your keen on using ba wheels u need 30mm hub adaptors. while theyre not expensive keep in mind they are illegal

Yeah, I just wanted to see what it looked like :p

edit: New battery today.. Its so much better now ;)

Last edited:

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Im debatting on putting my commodores stereo into this? I have no idea how long till I get the commodore back on the road.. Ive been thinking of putting a new stereo in the commodore one day anyway.. so maybe I might the commodores stereo in the falcon?
What are your thoughts? :S

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Id give it a basic service first if you haven't already, but stereos are piss easy to change from one car to another so if your planning on driving it for a while then go for it.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Ive always hated falcons with a passion, until my mate bought an ED wagon, its been abused, thrashed crashed u name it and never missus a beat or breaks down. I have a lot of respect for that car and its ability to put up with all the s**t he gives it and still run fine at the end of the day. My Commy would be in a very sad state if i treated it like that falcon.

The Falcon 6 is a very good engine. Give a good service and it will be reliable, and probably handle high revs better then a commodore V6.