Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford Ranger

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
I love the look of the Ranger but I think the most my wife will let me spend is probably 18k

Whatever forum or vehicle or whatever else, I think this is all that’s relevant...

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
Directing you to a far better source of help isn't helpful ? OK.

Your laziness is no reason to give sh!t to people.
Stating the obvious is not really helpful at all. Like I said before since there's a few people getting a little emotional on here "can't be assed"

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
Common sense tells me that if you wanted to know specifics about a certain type/brand of 4wd, the best place to seek out those answers would be from owners on a 4wd forum
Ole mate "couldn't be assed" by his own admission to join one of these specific forums, well that just highlights that he's a lazy prick
What would your reply be if he was asking specific questions about a 2019 model mustang or ford falcon on this forum ?
Reality is sometimes people just need to wakeup to themselves and grow a f#cking brain
Man you must be a fun person to stir. is this an area where you feel safe to mouth off to people?... How sad. Grow up.

I will make whatever topic I like here, it's the pub section. Don't like it jog on. I'm not going to make a whole new profile to ask one question that's a waste of time. Especially since it's not really an envolved question for someone that knows about them. A few people here have said the 2.2 is underpowered, these are the sorts of answers I was looking for. So I guess I'll keep looking, or wait for a few more useful replys, but I definitely won't signing up to another ten forums to ask questions on other cars similar just to please a few people.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Man you must be a fun person to stir. is this an area where you feel safe to mouth off to people?... How sad. Grow up.

I will make whatever topic I like here, it's the pub section. Don't like it jog on. I'm not going to make a whole new profile to ask one question that's a waste of time. Especially since it's not really an envolved question for someone that knows about them. A few people here have said the 2.2 is underpowered, these are the sorts of answers I was looking for. So I guess I'll keep looking, or wait for a few more useful replys, but I definitely won't signing up to another ten forums to ask questions on other cars similar just to please a few people.

You don't always need to join another forum to read the posts. It's often possible to read them as a guest. Why not at least try that before getting all defensive? Some of us just said basically "ask the man who knows". You might get a few answers here but in the right forum, you'd probably get better and more balanced information to help you make the right decision.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
What is so hard about joining another forum ? Why do have to create a profile ? Think of a name and password...… done. Even a basically computer illiterate old fart like me can do it.
I am on that Ford forum because I have a Territory, and have gained some useful info there, just like here. I knew buggar-all about alloytecs before I got on here. I don't understand a lot of the 'do's, but I now know a lot about the 'dont's.
If you want an opinion, I think a Ranger is overpriced rubbish, the interior is crap, the grille is ugly, the 3.2s suffer from blown head gaskets, and the 2.2s couldn't win a drag race against 6 cyl Kingswood auto. The $$$ that your wife will allow you to spend is your problem.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
From what I have been led to believe , the Ford Ranger is a piece of under powered over rated crap , the Isuzu D-Max is pretty good , and the Hilux is another option , Colorado's I hear have issues and need I say avoid Great Wall like a drunken troll .

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Stating the obvious is not really helpful at all.

lolwot ?

When one can't see the obvious for themselves or refuses to acknowledge it, then stating it can be very helpful.....to those with a modicum of commmon sense at least.

I will make whatever topic I like here, it's the pub section. Don't like it jog on.

And people can respond however they like.

I know who needs to jog on.....and it ain't the responders here.

As far as input goes.....these things (of any brand) should all be killed with fire.....especially the crap belching diesel variants.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Isn't the Colorado a D-Max with Holden badges?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I've been looking at many of these newer dual cab 4x4's and find it a hard thing to do to shell out the coin on them. the interior designs haven't advanced much since the mid 2000's. Engines are under powered.

It's why we have fixed our cars up because they offer the same and more.
My VZ has CarPlay and more polk than most.

I can't get my head around dropping 20-30k on one of these.
It's why I went for the Crewman.