Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford's new Coyote V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
How do you figuer the pushrods make them sound any different?
Stay away from techno crap?

If everyone thought like you we'd still be walking.

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
by all that techno crap i mean double overhead cams, ive heard some mates with both the 6L L98 and a 5.4 with ohc, and the ohc sound really crap at low revs, there is non of that nice v8 note that i should be hearing, both had similar 3" exhausts and the bigger displacement with the pushrods just makes a nicer noise, then again thats my opinion....and also pushrods tend to develop their torque a lot lower than ohc do, so in some ways if a pushrod engine is driven at the lower rpm it will return the same fuel economy as a ohc cause they can lack that low end torque (just above idle)...well thats what ive experienced

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
LOL how does any of this last page relate to the Coyote V8?? anyways, GM in relation with holden are developing a new V8, its only 5.5L, but they are talking 300kw without any kind of blowers for the holdens, and HSV may be talking around 350 with a blower.....personally i just think they should stay away from all the techno crap...pushrod v8's sound way better than those electronic gizmo engines!

the N/A version of the Coyote 5L produces 307kw...., which makes a mockery of GM's yet to be released OHV 5.5L.
And the 2011 supercharged 5.4L Shelby Mustang is already penned to produce 410kw!

Have a listen to the exhaust note of the Coyote in the video posted earlier, also you'll find a you tube video of the engine on the dyno pulling nearly 7000rpm - it sounds heaps better than an LS engine, which is usually criticised for having a rather poor sounding exhaust note.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
wtf?
Pushrods make absolutly no difference to how the engine torque/power is developed.
The sound is dictated by the shape of the combustion chamber, valve size, port shape and size and manifold design. Not what opens and closes the valve.
Get on youtube and look up 1UZFE toyota 4ltr V8. Sounds like a 304 and is DOHC.

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
the N/A version of the Coyote 5L produces 307kw...., which makes a mockery of GM's yet to be released OHV 5.5L.
And the 2011 supercharged 5.4L Shelby Mustang is already penned to produce 410kw!

Have a listen to the exhaust note of the Coyote in the video posted earlier, also you'll find a you tube video of the engine on the dyno pulling nearly 7000rpm - it sounds heaps better than an LS engine, which is usually criticised for having a rather poor sounding exhaust note.

ill check the video out when im at home, bit hard on a netbook with crap speakers...plus im in a uni lecture atm and its BORING.....true my dad's ssv auto sounds....crap...but thats due to the lack of decent exhaust!
i think the power war is going to far anyways, what am i going to do with 410kw in melbourne...pose?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
LS motors sound the way they do, due to the firng order. Compare an LS1 with a 5ltr and you'll see the difference in torque in the bottom end. Yet they're bother push rods opperated valve.

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
i was just making an assumption from experience, the LS engines with pushrods pull way better from low down compared with the BOSS v8's ive been in, my cousin use to work for Bosch and he always prefered the LS engines pull at low RPM, he said it was due to the pushrods compared to ohv....

Status
Not open for further replies.