Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front Lambswool Seat Inserts

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
I just went for a full sheep cover, does change the seat shape a bit, if you could get them with just fronts would be okay, yes as you get old softer is nice

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Looks like I just need to man up, Ours is a Z model, so it has those leather bolsters and Fabric inserts, so maybe they make it a bit harder. I understand it is a Sports seat and as such old Grandpa's like me should go for the comfier Calais, but I love the look of the SV6/SS I might, as suggested try the Calais seats ( although the extra wiring may be a headache as against a bum ache). Don't get old -it is a real bitch.

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
I have the inserts on my SSV on leather , the inserts stop the seats from being too hot in summer and too cold in winter, I had a numb bum for a while that is why I went for them, got a new set on Ebay for $100. My sciatica played up for a while and this seem to rectify the numb bum

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Thanks Silver Streak,that is what problem I am having- numb bum & sciatica ( from back op) so they be what I need , now to see if I can find a set for less than $380+ they all seem to want

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
On North East Road just up from the Holden Hill cop shop there is a seat cover place they have been there since 1965 the name is Airfleece, the same side as the cop shop that make seat covers with the strip up the back and the bum bit gets the full cover. That was going to be my option up until I came across a new set on E bay for $100. other wise cruise eBay regularly, I often see sets come up even Gumtree.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Thanks Silver Streak,that is what problem I am having- numb bum & sciatica ( from back op) so they be what I need , now to see if I can find a set for less than $380+ they all seem to want

Mate did you get a GM part number.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
VE SV6, and SS seats are crap. I had an SV6, and couldnt do more than 100ks before problems.
Sheep skins may help a little, but decent seats would be better.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
just gonna throw my 2 cents in here.

ive had my bum in a lot of different seats, on a lot of different cars and over a LOT of kms, and i have to say youre going the wrong direction.

i always get "numb bum" from the softer seats. the harder seats are always better for long trips. maybe try looking at a small (10mm thick) memory foam pad for support, but trust me, softer seats are far far worse on long trips.

try sitting on a pillow for 100kms. guarantee youre gonna feel worse than a regular seat.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
just gonna throw my 2 cents in here.

ive had my bum in a lot of different seats, on a lot of different cars and over a LOT of kms, and i have to say youre going the wrong direction.

i always get "numb bum" from the softer seats. the harder seats are always better for long trips. maybe try looking at a small (10mm thick) memory foam pad for support, but trust me, softer seats are far far worse on long trips.

try sitting on a pillow for 100kms. guarantee youre gonna feel worse than a regular seat.

Might through out the Calais seats and put a wooden chair in!

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I partly agree ari, but my ex boss had a few Mercedes, and there seats were hard as a brick. Drove one to Melbourne once, and couldnt walk by Skipton.
My current Subaru Outback has firm leather seats, and I dont have any trouble in them. And, no problems in my VE GTS.
Seat shape, and foam do add to either problems, or comfort.

Cant see my Chev Pickup being all that comfortable on a trip:hmmm: