Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel consumption, whats yours?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Sinced I modded mine and increased the kw, it's dramatically improved fuel consumption (mostly city driving). Seems out of the box the Ecotec is underpowered and overthirsty. I do however like to use power mode with a medium foot, and occasional spurts of lead.

Used to average 14-14.5L/100km.
Now I average 12.5-13L/100km.

The few highway cruises I've done have been around 9L/100km.

Some nice dig there. My Ecotec gets 15L/100km normally 400km to a tank no matter how I drive, babying, cruising or gunning always the same

How long since your O2's were replaced? Prior to mods that made a noticeable improvement, they weren't dead, just old.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Sinced I modded mine and increased the kw, it's dramatically improved fuel consumption (mostly city driving). Seems out of the box the Ecotec is underpowered and overthirsty. I do however like to use power mode with a medium foot, and occasional spurts of lead.

Used to average 14-14.5L/100km.
Now I average 12.5-13L/100km.

The few highway cruises I've done have been around 9L/100km.

How long since your O2's were replaced? Prior to mods that made a noticeable improvement, they weren't dead, just old.

Less than 6 months ago, along with fuel filter + pump, spark plugs, leads, air filter, MAF sensor done last month, IAC recently and TPs recently (but cheapo ebay one starting to stuff up again, grabbing GM one today)
Coil packs are new as well, also got free flowing exhaust, larger TB and CAI

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Less than 6 months ago, along with fuel filter + pump, spark plugs, leads, air filter, MAF sensor done last month, IAC recently and TPs recently (but cheapo ebay one starting to stuff up again, grabbing GM one today)
Coil packs are new as well, also got free flowing exhaust, larger TB and CAI

Lol, wow, that about covers it, bugger. Sorry dude, I'm out :)

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
I get this with cruise set on 110kph, approx 1500 rpm,2 up,38psi tyre pressure all round,anything from 11-12.5 l/100 around town depending on how many friggin traffic lights I get stopped at.The figure on the display is with in a bees dick compared to what the bowser says and how many kays I,ve done :smoking:

Attachments

• PC010274.jpg
    PC010274.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 278

Greasy Hands

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
YV II Acclaim, non daily.
i don't believe the trip computer at all, mine stays around 10 point something most of the time. I only drive the car on weekends and if they are all short trips my reserve light will be on by 450kms. If i do decent city drives that allow the engine to warm up, I have no problems getting 600k's per tank.

If I was a tight ass, I'd install a block heater so the engine is always ready to go ;) But then the electricity usage would negate the fuel savings anyway....

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore SS 5.7L M6
In my VY SS 6 speed manual running only BP Premium 98. I rarely rev beyond 2,500 before changing gears.

9.5L/km highway.
15L/km around town mostly green traffic lights.
18L/km around town lots of red traffic lights.
Up to 23L/km city centre peak hour crawl.

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
I average 11.6. Mostly city traffic. I haven't hit the reset button in 1000 k's so it's a decent overall average indication of fuel usage.

adam26101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VY II SS WAGS!~
im getting on an 8 wags

avrg speed 35kms
avrg fuel per 100km is like 22.L

but i am trigger happy cause i only bought it a month ago