Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Filter VY SS

Drf63

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Clubsport
Hi, Im have changed my fuel pump in my 03 vy, Im struggling to start it as I think the tank is pressurised , this has happened before and I let the car sit overnight and it started first go the last time, the reason I had to put another new pump in is that repco sold me a series 1 not a series II pump which incorrectly read my fuel gauge, so I will let it once again sit over night to see if it will start tomorrow morning and yes the hoses are on the right way, any idea how to pressurise the tank to help purge the fuel..thanks

Mookie01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive series 2
Hi, Im have changed my fuel pump in my 03 vy, Im struggling to start it as I think the tank is pressurised , this has happened before and I let the car sit overnight and it started first go the last time, the reason I had to put another new pump in is that repco sold me a series 1 not a series II pump which incorrectly read my fuel gauge, so I will let it once again sit over night to see if it will start tomorrow morning and yes the hoses are on the right way, any idea how to pressurise the tank to help purge the fuel..thanks
You pop the hood look for the engine fuse and relay compartment under bonnet , you remove “fuel pump relay “ you then start the car , car usually runs breifly sometimes not at all . Leaving your car overnight will do nothing to de-pressurise fuel in the system

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Just push the fuel lines in and then pull them out i i never needed a line removal tool