Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ripoff, Oh what a feeling!
My VR is Starting first time in the driveway. Then after driving for a while it will stall or after i stop the car it just wont start again.

either wont start again or does and stalls about 2 km down the road. Wait 10-20 mins and

she goes again!

Can do this up to five times on the one trip or not at all! Generally worse if i stop the car

and then go again, which is just about every use for my car!!!!!!!!!!

Near positive this is fuel related! Sensor, Sender or some sort of meter in there somewhere!

Took out the petrol tank and cleaned it out and changed the fuel pump to a vs one out of a ute but now when i go around a right hand corner it doesnt get fuel for a sec and then kicks back in after straightening up.
Must be due to tank shape difference...

Still stalling though, Any suggestions????????????????????

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Apparently the CAS (Crank Angle Senor) is a big problem with VR's. Next time it stalls cool the CAS with a bit of water and if it starts, that is your problem.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
check your error codes, it would have logged a code for sure. its either a sticky at the top of this section or in the how-to section.