Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel pump issues ve r8 clubsport ls3

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
So just a check engine light? But does it also not start? Or does it have issues starting?

I have a mate who is getting intermittent starting issues, like it’s starved of fuel but eventually starts. We’re fhinking fuel pump. Was yours like this at all?

Yes its the Fuel pump, I had the same issue with a Non Genuine one [Fuel Miser],
Replaced the new one that was two weeks old with a Genuine one, has not faulted ;)
Keeping in mind, I did have to "repair" the Loom to the Fuel Pump, as I could not get hold of a genuine Loom on a Sunday.:mad:
the Plug on the top of the fuel pump had melted, and a few of the places I rang, they asked, "has the plug melted", what does that tell you ? :confused:
After all the hassles of pulling the take out twice in 2 weeks, its running perfectly.
Hope this helps
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...ol-unit-reversing-sensor-control-unit.274561/

Last edited:

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
http://www.capa.com.au/pics/holden_electronics_ve_e85_fuel_pump_loom_big.jpg i found a wiring loom here its only the first image has other wires as well. Holden had none in stock either syd or melbourne. This ones 120 $ after market and thicker wireing. Hope i get it in time by friday. And thanku for the info.

When I said I had to repair mine, I purchased a S/Hand tank loom for a LS1, cut the plug off down the loom on the S/hand one, then cut the original melted one off, and spliced it on to my loom, where the S/Hand LS1 loom cost me $40, had no choice but to buy it, as GM said they couldn't get one for 4 days,
so I had to get it back together.
Two of the calls I made was to Preston Motors in Campbellfield & Booran Holden in Cheltenham, and they both asked has the Plug Melted,
So GM is aware of that issue, "Melting Plugs on Fuel Tanks", what does that tell you ?

Last edited:

micko33

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Yea not wrong .im so pissed 120 bucks plus probably 700 in labour as ive never taken my car to this mechanic before. My mate that i take it to is flat out till next week.he only charged me 300.+340 for pump And took him 4 hours.complete finished last time.He did check the loom but no plug was melted then but because the wires are all sealed you wouldnt know till you cut the harness open.Anyways this time the plug showed the sign of a burnt out asshole..**** holden service center. Thats why i do my own service elsewere..

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is what to look for when you have a fuel pump issue, that's after you pull the tank out,
Also the socket was burnt as per image, and the Plug housing was melted, and the Pin was burnt in the plug on top of the Fuel Pump.
I was doing so well and then had a look at the plug to make sure it was clean to plug it in,
then I seen this, my first though was where the **** am I going to get one on a Saturday,
That's when I rang around the Dealers, then opted for a Wrecker, and didn't have the one I was looking for going by the part number. As I said I bought a S/Hand one for a LS1 that had the exact same plug and wiring,
Then spliced them on to my loom, by soldering them, and using heat shrink,
[As I had all the items on hand, as I am sparky]

Attachments

• Fuel Pump Unit Plug.jpg
    Fuel Pump Unit Plug.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

micko33

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
I went down to where the car is at the mechanics and checked out the harness and have exact same issue with the plug for the fuel pump and now my other dilemma is that the one i ordered has only one plug that fits and the others are different so i have to take it to a sparky to do exact same. I payed 120 for a plug basically.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
I went down to where the car is at the mechanics and checked out the harness and have exact same issue with the plug for the fuel pump and now my other dilemma is that the one i ordered has only one plug that fits and the others are different so i have to take it to a sparky to do exact same. I payed 120 for a plug basically.

Take it back to the dealer and say it doesn't fit,
and order/purchase one from a wrecker, for $40, I got mine from -
https://www.ebay.com.au/str/hpwrecking,
https://www.facebook.com/HPW.Bayswater
they know their stuff, they post items everyday around Oz,
give them a call, they may even have the Tank loom on hand, make sure you have the part number from the label on the existing loom,
as they have a few in stock, but not mine unfortunately at the time, hence I had to improvise with what was available,
you now have the photo I took, shop around,
and if you get what you need, by all means, post both looms to me, and I will splice on for you.
Will just cost you the postage. [we could do express postage]
PM if you like, I am open for discussion, because I know how frustrating it is,
as I had to pull the tank out twice, :mad:
Got it down to 2 hours out, 2 hours in. ;)