Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Rail Removal

Marso96

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
does anyone know the steps to take (AFTER REMOVING THE MANIFOLD) to remove the fuel injector rails? need to replace some leaky injectors and this seems like the way to do it but just have no idea of what procautions to take...

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Mate you should depressurise the system first, but I never do it. Just undo the 10mm bolts holding it down and it lifts up with the injectors still attached. Really simple mate. Remember the first injector you remove from the fuel rail will be under pressure and about 100ml of fuel will squirt out, but perhaps not if you have leaky injectors...

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
also each injector is held into the rails with metal clips that are easily to break. you can depressurize the system easily by sticking a straightened paper clip or similar into the schrader valve located at the end of the left hand rail.

Marso96

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
thanks guys so i either have two options, to buy second hand injectors that are attatched to the fuel rail (which ive done previously and it worked a charm) ALSO come with 3 months warranty or to buy the injectors themself... what to do what to do..

Marso96

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
previous car to the one i own now. i owned a vz calais and now own a vz sv6.. same issue on the calais

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Work out if you have the blue ones or the black ones first. Then go and get a second hand set and have them serviced and tested and then just fit them, 1hour job.

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
How do you remove the injectors from the rail? I'm a bit stuck here..

Take of the little stainless steel clips, then pull like buggery. They will be very stiff and the O ring tight by now.