Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen-F2 GTS "T"-Boned

Status
Not open for further replies.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
in the end they dont give a sh!t about your emotional attachment to the vehicle, they care for the dollar.
That is why I just love the latest Youi adverts where these women gush about the Youi phone representative /salesperson, who put them at ease, had a laugh with them, and a good time, and saved money on their premiums.
Never a mention about the car, the car's value, the insurance value, the premium, the amount saved in comparison to whatever other company, and the claims procedure and satisfaction.
Maybe, I should not be so sceptical as I have never got a Youi quote and don't intend to.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
If it's modified from standard don't bother with youi, you won't save. Others were cheaper including racv.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
That is why I just love the latest Youi adverts where these women gush about the Youi phone representative /salesperson, who put them at ease, had a laugh with them, and a good time, and saved money on their premiums.
Never a mention about the car, the car's value, the insurance value, the premium, the amount saved in comparison to whatever other company, and the claims procedure and satisfaction.
Maybe, I should not be so sceptical as I have never got a Youi quote and don't intend to.
No, not sceptical, realistic.
Youi advertising gives me the creeps.
I prefer the Budget ad that has the dog with the light sabre. Now, that's a good ad, but I wouldn't use them.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Youi, I seem to remember a huge advertising campaign from them here in NZ but then after a while reports started coming out that maybe they weren't that great. Don't hear much from them these days but then I don't watch a lot of MSM TV either.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Any damage to the B and C pillars? I assume the airbags did not go off. Hopefully it gets fixed.

In 2012, the Mazda 3 got T-boned on the passenger side. Airbags did not go off. Other car stopped a the stop sign and then proceeded to cross the intersection. Only problem was that I got in the way. Insurance repaired the Mazda and we still have it.

Here are shots of the Mazda and the other car.

View attachment 255055View attachment 255056
At least they still have they fuel rating on the windscreen (one of my pet hates)

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
That is why I just love the latest Youi adverts
My wife tried Youi twice a couple of years ago, and they were substantially more expensive than Allianz in other words, dear as poison and weren't even competitive with the better insurance companies.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Only thing I have heard from two different people about Youi was they try hard to not pay a claim. One was a car claim and the other was a house claim.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Hi, thanks for the replies. In answer to your specific questions:
  • My wife and I (and the third-party person) are all OK. Driving around afterwards is a bit if a mental struggle however).
  • Corner of Boronia Road and Eastlink.
  • Not sure about B & C pillars, airbags didn’t go off.
  • No repair quote as yet. Early days.
  • I don’t do burnouts. I leave that to delinquents that don't use expensive tyres.

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
At least they still have they fuel rating on the windscreen (one of my pet hates)
It was a hire car driven by a P plater. She was part of a road crew working around the corner. I was on the way to the hospital to get a baby capsule fitted for out third arrival. I was so pissed of I called the police and they were on the scene in about 10min. They fined her for failing to stop at a stop sign. Drove the car home, called insurance, who then organised a tow truck to pick it up. I was expecting it to be written off but it was repaired. Was out of action for about 4-6 weeks.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
  • I don’t do burnouts. I leave that to delinquents that don't use expensive tyres.
You called me? :p

Although my tyres are not really cheap, especially the 275/40 17 Mickey Thompson drag radials

vx ss cartoon_resized.jpg

Not giving your performance car the beans????? Are you saving it for the next owner????

Seriously though, my Limited Edition Toyota 86 that was insured for $41k was written off with, I assume less structural damage than that
20200314_093031.thumb.jpg.1563239246b1dd348d28fe1d129df521.jpg

The issue is, at resale, if the new buyer knows their stuff, it will come up with the damage, which hits resale hard, or for insurance, they won't insure for the same as a car that has had major work

I wish you luck

Status
Not open for further replies.