Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good car

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I must have missed something because you said no car is as quick, fully loaded? Trying to figure out what you meant? Are you now saying no 4cyl car is as quick? Because this is not how it was written.
I guess the other thing about the Stinger is that it is quicker down the 1/4 against an engine almost twice it size. Obviously there is a weight difference but just saying.

Last edited:

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
I must have missed something because you said no car is as quick, fully loaded? Trying to figure out what you meant? Are you now saying no 4cyl car is as quick? Because this is not how it was written.
The car is very quick . that is what I said . The car is a lit lighter than v6 earlier Commodore The power to weight ratio has hit a sweet spot. It's a saloon car solid on the road etc etc. I never made any comparison with another car. The wondrrful reality is that this is a brilliant car on the road. It takes tine to get used to the car like any car with all the techno stuff now.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
I also said any car that is fully loaded will not be as quick . That simply means it wont be as quick as same one that is lightly loaded.. simple.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Deleted, post now makes sense. The way things read can be interpreted in a number of ways.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
The other major thing to take into consideration is that Holden refused to act on Australian car buying trends. It's all about the SUV now and Holden just couldn't or wouldn't build one as they knew the writing was on the wall years earlier and thus weren't going to retool for such low volumes when they could set up in Shanghai with much lower production costs and eventually ship back here to Australia after their deal with PSA expires.

Honestly I wouldn't buy a ZB in principle as in 4 years you'll be left on your own and without any parts for it as there'll be no support from GM for it, but then again all companies build cars with a vision that in 5 years they will head to Auschwitz for Automobiles.

Fact of the matter cars are no longer seen as an extension of ones personality and things to own for many years. They are merely disposable items now.
not convinced about that . My view is that people want everything and pay very little for it All I care about is this: Is the widget good ' is the widget very good , is the widget outstanding having regard to research, industry opinions who test drive etc, us it value for money too? what can I afford I note that you like the ZB so you might listen to me .
After all the facts, after 2 test drives, after seeing the amazing performance and handling etc etc.. It's sweet spot power to weight ratio .. amazing , it ironically is the flagship, an entry level car .. the LT
the 4 cyl 2 litre petrol turbo) and my astonishment at what I got from the entry level LT, I decided to buy this sleeper gem . Whoever made it I don't care.. It is a real sleeper, a great car, in an era where suv purchase decisions are highly emotional. I honestly believe my decision anyway to buy the LT was based on rational considerations. And yes it does not have led or laser lights, the sat nav screen is washed out, but you know , I got the that infotainment system to respond to voice . and it is perfect. ( I was never attracted to pretty women, the plain ones gave so much going for them ). I love my basic LT, it is packed with so much and cost me 28k . And in summer I can turn on the engine remotely and safely.. wow.. It is prettier than I could ever dream of. And it supremely fast overtaking on a highway.. I an still tapping myself and saying . thus is so good. Yet I hear John Cadogin?? urging us to screw down the dealer. just a poor way to embed thoughts in people minds. I don't want to walk out of a dealer and think gee I screwed that dealer. That did not happen when I bought the LT. we need more peace mire thank you, and mire graciousness. I am so so happy with my transaction. I try to promote thus approach quietly in dealing with other retailers .

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
wow !!!!....... I wrote that nearly 7 months ago now and you're only now just responding to a post made on the first page of this thread. Honestly you must be so self absorbed with your ZB that you've got to rehash old stuff just to keep this thread alive.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm just revisiting to say that it's nearly 5 months since I bought the ZB Sedan 4 cyl 2 Litre Petrol turbo. As the reviews said b4 I bought it, that thus specific Commodore is ' brilliant" , it is still absolutely brilliant to drive .. pace and acceleration, agility, brakes superb, saloon comfort yet sporty performance, beautiful sweet spot power and and speed that says ' beautifully balanced", low revs cruising 1400 revs at 112kph ... 1530 kl kerb weight so has shed 150++ kl , so it's a genuine pleasure to command with the seemless and wonderfully quiet 9 speed transmission ... it has silky skills that impress. The Aussie engineers said that 17 inch tyres are superior for handling.. it sure feels like it.
The $28000 price (b4 my trade) a dealer demo with 5000 Klm but looked a day old when I picked her up. The hatch reinforces ease of use and substantially enhances the rear view and architecture. I hope you appreciate this honest assessment and drive it yourself.. the 191kw and 350nm if torque are a joy to call on. I bought the LT .. it's fantastic and all you need. Every person who has bought one is so happy with it.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I'm just revisiting to say that it's nearly 5 months since I bought the ZB Sedan 4 cyl 2 Litre Petrol turbo. As the reviews said b4 I bought it, that thus specific Commodore is ' brilliant" , it is still absolutely brilliant to drive .. pace and acceleration, agility, brakes superb, saloon comfort yet sporty performance, beautiful sweet spot power and and speed that says ' beautifully balanced", low revs cruising 1400 revs at 112kph ... 1530 kl kerb weight so has shed 150++ kl , so it's a genuine pleasure to command with the seemless and wonderfully quiet 9 speed transmission ... it has silky skills that impress. The Aussie engineers said that 17 inch tyres are superior for handling.. it sure feels like it.
The $28000 price (b4 my trade) a dealer demo with 5000 Klm but looked a day old when I picked her up. The hatch reinforces ease of use and substantially enhances the rear view and architecture. I hope you appreciate this honest assessment and drive it yourself.. the 191kw and 350nm if torque are a joy to call on. I bought the LT .. it's fantastic and all you need. Every person who has bought one is so happy with it.
Thanks for your opinion.
I was wondering where the Holden stooges had gone.
Nearly got me over the line there.
But then I realised that kgs is kls and your car had lost 150 of them somehow. Then I thought Yeah Nah.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
The V6 engine. Does this have to use premium 95 fuel? Or is unleaded 91 ok? If the price difference is 8 per cent more for premium 95 would I get better economy out of premium 95? Is it cleaner fuel? On the filler cap it says premium is preferred.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I run mine on 91 because the slightly improved fuel economy and power output do not offset the increased cost, which equates to about NZ$7 more per tank. Coming from having to run 98 in my old turbo car it's much less hassle too because 91 is available pretty much everywhere. It states in the manual that you can run either so it's really no big deal.