Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good deed for the day

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Didn't murder everyone I work with. I'm generous like that.

auzzie_bradd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ss
At red rooster some guy came in asking for a cup of water, it was a hot day too, and for ohs reasons or some bull***t the cashier wasnt allowed to as he had to money to by any. About 5 minutes go buy and i see him outside in the sun looking dehydrated and tired as all hell. So i grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, walked out and gave it to him, an the look on his face was more than enough. He looked like he was about to cry with happiness haha.

Also another time on a 4 lane road, i saw two guys trying to push an old muscle car off the road because it ran out of fuel, i chucked my hazards on and helped them across the road when there was a short break in traffic. Then realised the 2nd guy had done the same as me! Shows there are still some good people in this f****d up world :)

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I was in town a couple of weeks ago and got approached by a 35+ year old guy asking for some lose change.
I never give money to people as I just don't know what they are going to do with it. Anyway, I got to talking to this guy and asked him what had gone wrong in his life to put him in the situation that he was currently in, he was homeless no job, no family.
I have found that most people when questioned will blame their misfortune on everything and everyone else besides the choices that they made.
Not this guy, we chatted for about 30 minutes as he told me of what he had done wrong to end up where he was and some of the stuff was pretty stupid, but he was so open about it.
So after his story, I explained to him that I don't give anyone money, but I would happily buy him some thing for lunch. I asked what he would like and he said McDonalds.
I offered to get him something a bit better, but he was more than happy to go to McDonalds. So we walked up to the nearest Macca's and let him order what he wanted.
When he got his food he had that look that kids get when you give them a present. It made me feel pretty good.

Grumpyoldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS-V Z Sedan Perfect Blue
Found a car key on the road last night when I was out walking with my wife. It was a commodore key and a commy was parked in the driveway of the house where I had found the key and when I pushed the button sure enough it unlocked the car. Locked the car again and went and knocked on the door but nobody answered. I went around to the house this morning on my way to work and knocked on the door and a young lady came out and I explained what had happened and gave her the key. She was very happy and didn't even realise she had dropped the key on her way out last night. That's my good deed for the day.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Last weekend I was up north in the Barossa riding my bike, heading up the side of the road out of a small country town towards a bike track. There was a car who sat just behind me for a short distance till he could overtake. As he did so someone threw something out of the window about 3 metres in front of me. All I saw was a lot of paper fluttering towards the ground. As I slowed down I noticed a wallet amongst the items now on the road so I jumped off my bike and proceeded to pick everything up which included cash. After I had stuffed it all back in the wallet I figured I would turn around and head for the Police Station, as there were licences in there also, so it would be easy for them to find the owner. People in my riding group that also stopped reckoned it was stolen and that's why it was thrown out of the car. I thought that odd considering there was cash in it.

I then noticed a car pull up on the opposite side of the road and a man jumped out and said "Did you just find a wallet?" He also gave his name that matched that of the licences. Turns out he was out driving looking for it as he lost it the night before. He figured he had left it on the roof of the car. He had a wagon with a spoiler on the roof, and we worked out it must have lodged there when he first drove off the night before and as he put the boot in to pass me it must have dislodged it.

He was so grateful, I could have quickly pocketed it to keep the cash and denied it, but luckily for him I am not that sort of person.

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
Few days ago I was at the checkout in Autobarn, some guy was $5 short for his new central locking kit so I got out my wallet and got $5 out for him.
I thought it was nice of me and he thanked my a couple times for it :)

Sent via iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. A good reminder to why we should help each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yesterday i was at a cafe in the middle of nowhere with my kids outside at a table in the sun. A bloke was at another table starts chatting up a sexy waitress saying how he just dropped in for a coffee while his tour group was at some other place. I looked up at the road to see a small bus with its lights on so i ask the bloke is that your bus mate ? He smiles and looked up then realised why i asked , thanked me and went over and turned them off.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Just rescued someone from a stuck elevator. Opened the doors with my bare hands hulk style. Always wanted to do that. :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Just rescued someone from a stuck elevator. Opened the doors with my bare hands hulk style. Always wanted to do that. :)

Did you remember to have an angry face and roar loudly when you got it open?