Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

good first cars?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'd look at a VY wagon if you can find one within your budget.

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Ok i bit my lip long enough, after seeing the last couple cars you posted that were thinking of getting i would suggest the VS wagon as you should be able to find a good one in your price range, and i am a, choke, commo fan after all.

As previously said they are cheap to buy and so are parts, easy to maintain and learn on and will go for ages if you look after them. Plenty plenty of room in the wagons for fishing camping or whatever you get up to in your car

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Just before I got my VX wagon I saw a guy at a clearance sale put a (small) boat (tinny) INSIDE his VY. Yeah !!! Now that's a wagon.

...and you get a big bum end to throw around when the time comes.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
i would go the VS light and powerful with cheap easy mods :) and very affordable
Suggesting a VS because it's powerful, lolololololol

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Hmmm, VX Berlina Wagon.... Not that i'm biased or anything, but it is a great all round car, only thing lacking with the ecotec is a bit of power.

As said before the Subaru Liberty Heritage is a nice driving car and reasonably comfortable but is lacking power.
Wouldn't even consider a camry, all the ones I have driven have been the most boring cars ever! Seriously, they kinda make me sleepy.
And the Mitusbishi is meant to be a decent car, and is reasonably comfy but is a front wheel drive, and may cost more to fix things on.

Fairmont wagon... It has a better engine in the inline 6 then the Commodore (as long as you go a mid - late 90s on) pretty comfy, they run well on LPG, not a bad car really. Probably in the same boat as the commodore.

Which ones do you prefer?

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Yeah my idea for the cars above is mainly for the el luxo factor, but this is really funny with my carers in my resi care unit is "you won't be able to run a commodore wagon " pfft my mentor can get 2-3 weeks out of a tank of fuel his car is a vt executive wagon with the ecotec, yet the unit captivas they can't get under 10 litres per 100 kms I wonder why :beer chug:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Yeah my idea for the cars above is mainly for the el luxo factor, but this is really funny with my carers in my resi care unit is "you won't be able to run a commodore wagon " pfft my mentor can get 2-3 weeks out of a tank of fuel his car is a vt executive wagon with the ecotec, yet the unit captivas they can't get under 10 litres per 100 kms I wonder why :beer chug:

Which car can you realistically afford , and which car can you afford to run , the Ecotec while s bit long in the tooth , is passably economical, a Subaru don't know, nor the Mitsubishi , go with your heart .

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Yeah my idea for the cars above is mainly for the el luxo factor.

I don't really think any of the cars you have listed are el luxo.

If you want luxurious get a Statesman, Fairlane, Calais etc

A Berlina is in no way luxurious.

Last edited: