Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grounding points?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I’ve removed the fuse box and the ecm seems to be a bit wobbly but can’t find any points to tighten
You'll have to go in via the wheel well, remove the wheel and inner guard and you should be able to see the mount bolts to tighten them up.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
ecu is only held in with clips it will be loose when wobbled thats normal, assuming sedan ? check all the plugs behind the battery make sure they are plugged together had a mates car loosing instruments n stuff when driving and we were testing the fuse block above the battery and then noticed a big plug had popped out that should have been clipped together just encase u have same issue

Sarah032

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
ecu is only held in with clips it will be loose when wobbled thats normal, assuming sedan ? check all the plugs behind the battery make sure they are plugged together had a mates car loosing instruments n stuff when driving and we were testing the fuse block above the battery and then noticed a big plug had popped out that should have been clipped together just encase u have same issue
Have checked them previously but will definitely do a double check thank you

micofmag7

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Commodore Impulse Blue SVZ Wagz
Have checked them previously but will definitely do a double check thank you
Hi Sara032, did you managed to solve the problem? My Wagon has the same intermittent electrical issues. It can occur if I turn on hi-beam, am just sitting at lights and moving forward gently, even just starting the car. So many different actions cause the SRS Warning lights and tone to sound, entire dash blackout with radio shutdown and aerial up/down. You name it it has done it and no Car Sparkie can offer a solution. RAC tested battery, alternator and viewed any fault codes and could not fault anything. So hopefully you did solve you issue? Cheers Michael

Sarah032

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi Sara032, did you managed to solve the problem? My Wagon has the same intermittent electrical issues. It can occur if I turn on hi-beam, am just sitting at lights and moving forward gently, even just starting the car. So many different actions cause the SRS Warning lights and tone to sound, entire dash blackout with radio shutdown and aerial up/down. You name it it has done it and no Car Sparkie can offer a solution. RAC tested battery, alternator and viewed any fault codes and could not fault anything. So hopefully you did solve you issue? Cheers Michael
No hasn’t been solved yet. Have had an auto electrician test it and have been told that there is a stretched wire somewhere all grounding points are fine. Just need to find the wire that’s stretched and fix it ‍♀️

micofmag7

Reaction score
Members Ride
As in everything will cut off momentarily while I’m driving and then turn back on again after a second

No hasn’t been solved yet. Have had an auto electrician test it and have been told that there is a stretched wire somewhere all grounding points are fine. Just need to find the wire that’s stretched and fix it ‍♀️
At least there's two of us working on it now :)

micofmag7

Reaction score
Members Ride
Quick update, I replaced aircon compressor because the coil had failed. The suppressor noise disappeared from the speakers and I could not fault the car. Then 24 hours later, suppressor noise returned and turning on hi beam caused dash blackout and radio shutdown. A very experienced mechanic suggested checking the CAN Bus located under/around the battery. I have booked the car into EFI Balcatta to fault find next Wednesday. the saga continues.......

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
EFI Balcatta. Highly recommended

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
I had a very similar issue with my 07 Calais everything would shut off momentarily stereo dash lights etc only for a second or 2, turned out BCM was faulty. Put a new BCM in and issue hasn’t happened since.