Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hail Storm damaged

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
2ABD0C47-CE3D-433D-9F75-02CC1FBD1271.jpeg
Has anyone else got hit by the hail storm today ? My wagon got damaged all over the bonet, roof and a bit on the side.

Let’s see what the insurance says.

I was just a few hundred meter from home stuck in traffic.

Has anyone had previously issue with hail damaged before?

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
Man, that is enough to bring a tear to your eyes... good luck with insurance. I think they are pretty good with this stuff.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sh!t man....that sucks.

A good PDR guy can do wonders with hail damage.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I agree with VS 5.0 that does suck.

I had my VE Ute peppered with hail about 3 years ago.

I rang the insurance company and they gave me a claim number and told me to get some quotes.

The first place I took the Ute was to the people who do the Mercs and BMW's in the area as they did some high grade restoration work for me a year or so earlier and I knew they employed a fellow who does just paintless dents and works on hail damaged cars.

When he put a light over it there were hundreds of dents, I'm very fussy and used to detailing my cars and I was surprised how many it had that weren't easily seen with the naked eye .

My insurance claim excess was $1,000 and he quoted me the same.

So I cancelled the claim and just paid him to do the work

He pulled the interior, tray liner and everything he needed out of the car so he could get access behind the panels and the job he did was miraculous, it took two days and the car looked perfect.

So get a quote first as it may be cheaper not to go through insurance

Last edited:

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
excess on insurance is a scam...I've been through it recently with kids throwing rocks through my front windows (of the house). Paid insurance on this place for 12 years and never made a claim and I still haven't because of excess...anyway not the point...rant over lol

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Not a bad idea if you know its coming and can get it under cover ...

957a5286d30eeeb316afc82d0cdd81f8

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Sydney version

floats-car-hail-protection-300x182.jpg

Last edited:

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
My VF SV6 is getting PDR repaired tomorrow (not through insurance as there's only 7 dents and the bill is cheaper than my excess) from the hail storm back in December. My daughters Kia was hail damaged back in December and is booked in tomorrow for assessment, but hoping it's a write off as she has a new for old replacement warranty on her car. My sons new Astra was involved in a vandalism incident a month ago and is in a panel shop in Wollongong at the moment and the "free" Hertz rent a car got hail damaged badly yesterday and he's up for a second excess payment in a month. I think GIO will have our name on their blacklist.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Yeah that really does suck Dan. I left work early to try and miss it all as my car is not covered where I park. Luckily I got home in time. Hope you get it sorted without issues, maybe take the car to where panhead took his?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Excess on insurance is just to stop you from claiming on every little thing … kerb your gloss-black wheel, oops a $150 fix, claim it on insurance --> which then costs the insurance company double that because it has to be ground through their machine & paperworked etc etc.

Daniel Souza that's awful, I feel for you! :(
And to be honest … I'm in a really lucky position at the moment, gumbyment is trialling an "on-demand bus-service" (like Uber Pool but on 10st Benz Sprinters & at bus prices) which covers my commute (it's probably cheaper than half an hour's fuel usage by an L77 idling in traffic :)). Storms were predicted yesterday & my wife (whose car the SSVR really is) is away ... I could have driven ... and my workmates thought I was nuts for using the bus instead (the car's currently clean plus the chance of hail). I'm REALLY happy I took the chance I'd get wet as opposed to the beloved Commodore getting damaged!