Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Handling and driveability

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Sounds about what I paid back in 2003. No I haven't tried but I agree with your comment.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I wouldn't think a Redline would benefit from anything more.

WAGONBEAST57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon V8 A4
I put a strut brace on my VX wagon which is a loose floppy old POS (mainly for structural integrity reasons and dat polished alloy) and I cant really remember noticing the difference. Don't think you would notice at all on a street driven VE.

13SSVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV m6 Sedan
From talking to a few people on the race scene over the years, youll only notice the difference a brace makes on harsh corners on a track when serious g's are being made going around a corner. helps it to stick. but what iv also been led to beleive is that the way the design is of the VE AND VF there is absolutly no reason to install one, like the series of holdens before. I had one on my old VZ maloo r8 and took it off to see what would happen. Made a fair amount of difference hitting sharp bends when coming out the otherside, but with how stiff the chasis is with the VE and VF cars, theres really no need for em. If you aint tracking her, dont bother. Most blokes just like the look lol

13SSVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV m6 Sedan
if you do anything to these cars and its a must IF and i say if, you are somone who wants to lower your car, coilovers are the go. Best mod iv ever done on any car iv had period. NEVER JUST LOWER THE CAR ON SPRINGS. The cars architecture underneath just goes way outta wack and rides like an old datsun

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
13SSVF

Yep agree, coil overs are good. But there is no way I am lowering it and I will give the strut brace idea a miss too. I have a family, tow a boat etc and use my Redline as a real daily driver, not just a low show piece. Every car I've owned or been in that has been lowered significantly, was, well a compromise.

Big-Al

"Flukey do you honestly think Holden got it perfect??"

Mate I reckon its as close as it needs to be. Go down to your nearest Holden dealer and take a VF Redline for a spin. You'll be amazed at how well they grip, they just feel so sure footed.

I drove my Son's VE SSV M6 ute today. It has 20" trims, lowered, Catback and a CAI with a pod filter. It's a nice ute with lots of punch and growl, but all I can say is that when I got back into my VF Redline the brakes nearly put me through the windscreen (ok over exaggeration but they really bite!). The ride was far more compliant and the handling of the Redline is light years ahead. Oh and whilst the manual is fun , I was happy to get back into the A6 too.
With my 2.5" VF GTS exhaust and Orssom OTR, the auto Redline is every bit as quick as my Boy's M6 SSV, in fact I reckon it goes harder.
Biased I may be, but yep it's my kind of car...

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I think the Redline is a pretty good package just as it is.
If you are going to do regular track days you might want something more. But for around town and the street, its plenty good enough.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
The standard suspension does the trick as it's a road car not a race car. Only issue I have is it looks crap not lowered so I may need to make a decision.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I have a redline it is awesome. That is all.