Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Harmonic balancer replacement cost?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
P

Pauldw500

So the belt hasn't come off since the last post lol, but it IS getting noisier so time to swap it out.

Question...

Will I get old one off without a puller can anyone confirm?

revhead 408

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV 30TH edition Senator Signature
So my air con stopped working last night so took it to the air con guy. Just picked up as its thrown the belt and he showed me how the balancer was wabbling, too big of a job for him.... Can't seem to find a price anywhere and Holden ain't answering their phone...

(last bit a joke... :D)

Any pointers guys?
Contact Mace Engineering Melbourne. They do good prices on Power Bond standard replacement or performance balancers.

P

Pauldw500

If it's not to late for you, I used a cheap eBay 3 puller kit, had to use the largest prongs with 2nd largest center
Awesome, no have been dragging my feet on this one yet I know it needs to be done. Been holding back as I don't have a puller and don't want to spend a fortune on one that'll prob never be used again. I'll have a look on ebay, what did it cost so I know it's the right one?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
If it's not to late for you, I used a cheap eBay 3 puller kit, had to use the largest prongs with 2nd largest center
Got a link mate?
Some members might like a look and repair their car.