Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hazard perception test QLD

Jayne89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 series II
Hey guys,
So I got my P1 licence in December 2010, but didn't sit my hazard perception test until may 2012.
I know that your green p's need to be held for 2 years and i don't think they technically start till you have done that test, so does this mean I have extended my p's by 6 months :/ ???
Anyone had any experience with this?
Cheers

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
I'm kinda in the same boat :(

Done the test, paid for it, just haven't been bothered to update it on my licence.

Maybe hit up Main roads and find out?

Jayne89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 series II
Yeah I'm thinking I should just call them, but it's always such a hassle and half the time they give you the wrong info anyway lol, I am really hoping this it isn't the case though cause the vf ss has my name all over it! :)

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Yep. The two years is based off when you change your license. I did the same. So did mates of mine. Some of the left it for over a year till they changed it.

Jayne89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 series II
Yep. The two years is based off when you change your license. I did the same. So did mates of mine. Some of the left it for over a year till they changed it.

wahhhh :'( that's crap, at least I only waited 6 months, I guess it could have been worse like in your mates case.

Jayne89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 series II
well just rang the department of transport to double check (was actually on hold the whole time since posting this question ha-ha) but they did confirm what was said above. I'm wondering how many p platers on their red p's know how important it is to do that test as soon as they can lol cause I sure didn't know and department of transport never even told me so bad luck for me. Anyways thanks for the help guys :)

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
well just rang the department of transport to double check (was actually on hold the whole time since posting this question ha-ha) but they did confirm what was said above. I'm wondering how many p platers on their red p's know how important it is to do that test as soon as they can lol cause I sure didn't know and department of transport never even told me so bad luck for me. Anyways thanks for the help guys :)

So the 2 years is based off your licence? ****.

Jayne89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 series II
So the 2 years is based off your licence? ****.

yup, what ever date you walk in to department of transport and upgrade from p1 to p2, not the date that you sat the test at home or whatever. that's when your 2 years starts :(

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttt

#foreverPplates

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Thank god P Plates were not invented when I got my license