Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Head Unit install into VX Calais Woodgrain Facia Issues ??

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Looking to chuck the standard unit, and time for something better with Bluetooth/USB functionality. Having scanned the threads and net, it seems that people have, or had issues installing single or double units into models with the woodgrain surround ? Was this for Statesman only or same across all models ?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Vt Calais here. I had no problems whatsoever installing a alpine double din into the wood grain dash. Aeropro make a double din Dacia that makes the install look factory.

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
Yeah woodgrain dash is the same as any other vt-vx dash, cant see how people could have issues. I also used aeropro kit and yeah looks awesome. Fit and finish are spot on

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
The statesman woodgrain dash is different to the Calais one and the opening for the stereo is a different shape

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
The statesman woodgrain dash is different to the Calais one and the opening for the stereo is a different shape

Are they made of different types of plastic disguised as fake wood ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Are they made of different types of plastic disguised as fake wood ?

Love the avatar, go the Bokke ! Yeah fake plastic woodgrain coating. The Statesman has more woodgrain sections, funny they changed that section, they use the same factory head units ?

Thanks for that guys. So just need to decide between single or double din. I seen the videos for the double din kit, looks like a great setup. The WH install threads got me worried. Is it also the later models where the area tapers to the top causing issues trying to install single Din on top section ?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Love the avatar, go the Bokke ! Yeah fake plastic woodgrain coating. The Statesman has more woodgrain sections, funny they changed that section, they use the same factory head units ?

Thanks for that guys. So just need to decide between single or double din. I seen the videos for the double din kit, looks like a great setup. The WH install threads got me worried. Is it also the later models where the area tapers to the top causing issues trying to install single Din on top section ?

Nothing but the finest mahogany veneer eh

2O4TS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1
I have a double Din Kenwood in a WH Statesman fascia. No issues at all.

I thought it was fake walnut? Definitely not mahogany.

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
DIN size is still the same. I found it no harder installing 2DIN into WH compared to vx