Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Head Unit Removal Tool - Mazda 121

pill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
This isn't commodore related so sorry if this is in the wrong section - I just figured car audio would be the place. Can an admin move my thread if necessary.(normally my questions are about my VT, i'm not just using this forum for this.)

I am looking for a tool to remove the stereo from my girlfriend's 2001 Mazda 121 Metro (the non-bubble variety.)

The stereo is very similar to the one in the picture attatched. I figure i will need the two tools they are using, but i've never seen them before. i work at super crap, my dad works at repco and i have mates at jb, together we've done tonnes of stereos and we've never seen anything like them. Today i tried alberts, strathfield and audiocom and they didn't know either.

Has anyone got any idea what it is or what else i could do?

Thanks,

Daniel

Attachments

• Step 7.jpg
    Step 7.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,451

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Looks to me like a similar config. as the VY-VZ models, going off that pic.

I'd say you'll be needing two "U" shaped keys, or two peices of coathanger etc. bent to fit into the two holes above and below where the screwdrivers are in that pic.

See below for the holes im talking about.

Attachments

• Step%207.jpg
    Step%207.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,164

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Contact the Manufacturer of the head unit, they normally send out a set. Alternativly take it to a mazda dealer and ask them to remove it.

pill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
ah yeah i see, the two clips behind it line up with them. a coat hanger is probably the go then :) thanks

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
if you look where i circled, all they used were 2 pieces of wire, with handles attached to them, so just shove in a coat hanger or something in the same holes as that pic....

Step 7.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
the tool is same as vt vx
you can also use 1/8 drill bits or small coat hanger type wire and place in all the round holes and it will slide straight out