Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

heat constantly on, cant get cold to work and engine fan turning on earlier than norm

MGNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Commodore series 2
gday i just had some stereo guys fix my system and on the way home i noticed my thermostat showing a lower temperature than normal on my dash, then i also noticed even when i spin the dial for climate its always blowing warm air out, so i pulled the dash apart and noticed a gal rod with a thread on the end dangling doing nothing, had a look around but cannot find where it needs to go, can someone point me in the right direction with a previous thread? i did have a quick hunt but found nothing other than 'fans wont stop'

also my engine bay fan kicks on where my normally my thermostat would sit while driving (between quarter and half on the smaller of the 2 lines)

was wondering if these 2 problems are linked or whether my themorstat could be indicating an un-true reading.
do realise tho as long as the fan is kicking in im pretty safe from overheating or any thing like that.

cheers guys

azzaholic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S1
Hey MGNick, if you look on the drivers side next to the footrest in a sense you will notice that there is a lug that moves slightly with a clip but what i will do is go out and take a pic so that you can see what it looks like

azzaholic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S1
SANY0949.jpg

Hope this helps

MGNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Commodore series 2
holy ****...i just went to my car cos no1 was giving me some info....so i tohught stuff it ill try it myself.....and i didnt see one of those...i hope they didnt break it on me while pulling out the climate control...ill be so shattered

thanks for the pic tho!

azzaholic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S1
May look a bit different to the 1 i have posted for you as climate control will be slightly different but if you can follow the galv piece back to where it is and you may be able to find where is goes straight away, just make sure to play with the dials

MGNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Commodore series 2
perfect! all sorted! thanks heaps mate never would of found it without ya

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
[QUOTE
Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

Is that a drop of green coolant under the vacuum switch?.....looks awful like one. If so, your heater is leaking.

azzaholic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S1
yeah it is Hako and i only noticed that thanks to myself taking that photo so time to look at it and sort it out asap