Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

heater core on VS

bluejuice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Awesome post with the pictures, I have green fluid leaking on my foot, haven't pulled the consol out yet for a good look, but on my car I've already got rubber heater hose over the pipes so I'm thinking that maybe mine has been replaced before ?

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
It's not just the mega-bucks that this shortcut saves - it's the time off the road. They shoulda thought of this when designing the thing, but I guess they figured it'll be well out of warranty b4 it's an issue. I went down this road over a year ago, and it's not been a problem since.

Mr Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV
On ya skeg you are the man.doing mine this week end if i get the chans and the cuting of the pipes is just a top idea.

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
I recently did this to my VR Berlina with climate control. worked a treat. Thanks for the info :D

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
OMG Thankyou for posting this up. The Missis VR Just has the Heater Core Hoses blocked at the firewall, I shall Attempt this when i have the Chance!! Make Life so much easier then spending a whole weekend pulling the dash apart then going, errrrm, how does it go back together lol

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Well changed the heater core today with the info, all good but took 3 hours. broke heaps of cutting disks. less rom in a berlina then the pics you posted. but all good in the end. thanks heaps.
All up. $40 to fix. used a second hand core, but if it goes again ill get a new one. just swap in and out this time, no cutting or anything.

shaggs69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr ss charged 6 vx clubby
replace heater core vt pics of removal of stuff to get to heater core

hi guys look i`m about to attempt this but its my g/f`s car and i dont wanna break any parts on the dash or interior any pics on removal of the glove box and other parts to be moved would be much appreciated or maybe a step by step guide in detail how to and what to remove to get to it without taking the dash out thanks in advance

bandidoben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon
hi guys look i`m about to attempt this but its my g/f`s car and i dont wanna break any parts on the dash or interior any pics on removal of the glove box and other parts to be moved would be much appreciated or maybe a step by step guide in detail how to and what to remove to get to it without taking the dash out thanks in advance

go to autobarn/repco/super cheap/ebay and buy a repair manual, theres a few different brands. that will show you how to pull all the dash console lovebox etc out.