Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heater hoses- which is which?

Stugdum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
G'day all,
I am going to backflush my cooling system this weekend to clean out some of the crud, as I havent done it in a few years. I was gonna do the heater core as well, but I dont know which way the water flows so I can back flush it the other way. Does the water go in the top one or the bottom one? I presume it goes in the top and out the bottom, but I wanna make sure. Thanks.

Stugdum

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Dosnt really matter theres no one way valaves or anything. If your flushing it properly you'll go both ways when you do it anyways. Just go both ways twice over and that should see any solid bits disslodged.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You'll need to remove the thermostat to allow a full flush. I've found that there is no crap or crud in the cooling system when you use proper coolant. However Commodores that have had straight water will have plenty of crap.

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
For the VR heater, water comes out the back intake port into the firewall then back out towards the front of the motor behind the water pump