Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help In Buying New Car

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Yeah thank guys for the advice. The payout figure is more than our agreed sale. He's down $924 dollars once I buy the car.

He couldn't believe that we didn't trust the guy. My dad's a business man and the seller was saying how can he do business if he doesn't trust his customers as an example.

The car was at a caryard for 29K and didn't sell and he wanted 25500 and we agreed at 22k even but only two weeks rego left.

Then he agreed to meet at the bank and pay the finance off and then go to the car( I was hoping to drive 2.5hrs and I spect the car and pay a deposit which be both agreed)

The car is advertised on carsales but he put plates that are from a different car and he said the plates on them were his business plates so he took them off. I did get the right plate number and it checks out with revs etc.

He is the first owner and he also said he has a twin of that car so he's got exactly the same car which he bought two of

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Sounds like a lot of work here to sort this one out.
Between the finance and swapping plates.
Why would he take a loss on the payout figure?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yeah thank guys for the advice. The payout figure is more than our agreed sale. He's down $924 dollars once I buy the car.

He couldn't believe that we didn't trust the guy. My dad's a business man and the seller was saying how can he do business if he doesn't trust his customers as an example.

The car was at a caryard for 29K and didn't sell and he wanted 25500 and we agreed at 22k even but only two weeks rego left.

Then he agreed to meet at the bank and pay the finance off and then go to the car( I was hoping to drive 2.5hrs and I spect the car and pay a deposit which be both agreed)

The car is advertised on carsales but he put plates that are from a different car and he said the plates on them were his business plates so he took them off. I did get the right plate number and it checks out with revs etc.

He is the first owner and he also said he has a twin of that car so he's got exactly the same car which he bought two of
Too involved with elements of shady from that seller slash business man o_O as such I’d have given him and his car a wide berth :rolleyes:

Problem is, after some buyer effort we feel invested and it becomes harder for some to walk away from a deal. That’s why care sales people try and draw out what should be a short and simple buying process into hours of “negotiation”. It just serves to psychologically lock a person into a bad deal :oops:

Lots of other good cars without such sales drama available so I’d be spending effort elsewhere ;)

And be wary of someone with two of a kind... especially as he’s already tried to pull a shifty on you. It wouldn’t surprise me if such people swap wheels, or even the whole car... I’d be inspecting VIN & engine number as well as rego on the car and wanting immediate delivery. I’d never pick up a car some days later, from such an owner who has two of a kind, just too shifty for my liking :eek:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... Why would he take a loss on the payout figure?
From what was said, the seller was wanting to get the cash at delivery and then pay off the loan himself.... :eek:

Or maybe not pay off the loan or only pay part of it so it’s then the buyers problem to sort out... it all sounds rather shifty :oops:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

The seller being a businessman should know that private sales like this can often be scams and as a businessman he should do what is necessary to accommodate the customers concerns to make the sale.

If you really want this vehicle then find a broker to be the middleman and handle the payments and paperwork as it protects all parties involved.
It will cost a few hundred bucks but it is better than blindly trusting some guy that says "trust me get in the van"

Last edited:

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Do you guys want me to post up the car sales ad or not? I found an ad he had on trading post the car was for 27500 and he states there that we got 7 years warranty for the vehicle not the normal 5 year and I just messaged him and he said it's 3 years and it's expired.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
To be honest I love my vz wagon I have and there's nothing wrong with it. My dad came up with the idea for a newer car for me because of all the money I was spending on the old car. I don't really care if I get a new car or not and to be honest I don't have a good feeling about this. He will have trouble selling the car under these conditions and I don't think I know anyone who would buy a car with finance owing and trust the seller to pay off his loan

Last edited:

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
What happens when the payout figure is more than the sale figure. Then what do these guys do. I think it's a bit too much mucking about

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
What happens when the payout figure is more than the sale figure. Then what do these guys do. I think it's a bit too much mucking about

If the payout figure is more than the agreed sale the seller has to pay the remainder and the broker will handle his payment to the finance company.

The broker does it all so you end up with a clear title.