Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help please, VT Berlina constantly stalls, won't start, no fault codes.

daver00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
I've got a 98 Berlina which for the last month has been giving me serious trouble. At first it stalled and had to be towed, traced the problem to the DFI module. A little wiggle of the connecting wires to the DFI was able to get it started, so we replaced the DFI and coil packs for good measure. Everything went ok for a day and it stalled again. This time throwing fault code 46. This time a little bit of fiddling with the CAS connector got it going, I've been down the CAS path before so we replaced it last night.

This morning it stalled again, and is throwing no fault codes at all (code 12 only). It cranks strongly (new battery), the fuel pump can be heard priming, but it won't fire at all. I have no idea what to do now, I've fixed the parts that I thought were giving me grief and still the problem persists.

daver00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Ok, I managed to get it started by playing with the DFI wiring again. It ran smoothly for a while. So I went out and fiddled with the DFI wiring again and it stopped and refused to start. I'm heading out to get an engine harness.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Have you tried to clean the contacts with electrical contact cleaner. Engine harness isn't a small job...