Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP rear door and parcel shelf advice

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
LOL. Awesome box, just looking at it makes me scratch my head wondering how thats an enclosure at all. Anyway all you have to worry about is Santa trying to make his way into that chimney you call a port.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
If you are around Melb eastern suburbs then I'm happy to give you a listen to the vibe twin enclosure. Being able to listen to a few different setups would help you choose

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
sub? put speakers in the rear doors. as for just running fronts...sure. if you like being blasted from one door and unbalanced sound

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
sub? put speakers in the rear doors. as for just running fronts...sure. if you like being blasted from one door and unbalanced sound

why is the sound unbalanced by just running fronts?
I've went from a 6 speaker setup, to a 4 speaker, and then finally to a 2 speakers setup, and the best sound by far i achieved, was with front speakers and a single sub..

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
It's unbalanced because you don't sit in the center of the car... But time alignment and balance controls can pretty much fix that up.

I'd have to say just fronts and subs do sound the best, but sometimes you can't get the volume you want out of just one set of speakers.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
It's unbalanced because you don't sit in the center of the car... But time alignment and balance controls can pretty much fix that up.

I'd have to say just fronts and subs do sound the best, but sometimes you can't get the volume you want out of just one set of speakers.

Get a bigger set :D LOL

Yes I know thats not always a solution :)

ryda921

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
ey guys
my net wasnt workin today

i have to change the rear door speakers because 1 doesnt work and the other 1 is all distored

Philthy im not even sure what suburbs im in my suburb is essendon if that helps

this is a stupid question but if i was running 2 subs and 1 encloursure was sealed and the other ported would that work or not?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri

Or add a second set?? I'm onto home audio aswell, and the best sound by far to me, is a 2.1, or 2.2 setup (fronts, and 1, or 2 subs) all this about speakers everywhere and surround sound, i tell you it's a crock of ****!!!

scozz76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 Evoke - VYII Acclaim
I have all 4 and a sub running and it sounds good. Mind you, I've EQ'd it using an RTA.

At the end of the day, it's a car.... full of road noise etc. If you want perfect sound, do it at home in your lounge room. If you like driving, buy a car.

Also, why try to get >100dB? I'm a Cinema Technician and the Dolby SPL specs for B-Chain alignment is 85dB per channel at 7.0 on the fader. Then we find while running film, we're normally on 4.0 - 4.5 on the fader!!!!!

I feel it's about trying to impress others rather than being realistic.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L

If you're happy with the quality of your speakers, you don't really want to change types. I already have the highest model available from the brand I own.

Or add a second set?? I'm onto home audio aswell, and the best sound by far to me, is a 2.1, or 2.2 setup (fronts, and 1, or 2 subs) all this about speakers everywhere and surround sound, i tell you it's a crock of ****!!!
Add a second set of splits in the front of a car? That's major work if you do it yourself or big money if you pay a professional.

Re home audio, I agree 2 channel sounds great for stereo recorded music, but with material recorded in 5.1 or 7.1 , it sounds so much better as surround sound. Even music as it makes it seem like you are at the concert with all the extra noises around you.