Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help - VR Serious Problem - will be something simple

JA2Z

Reaction score
Website
www.studiomarban.com
Members Ride
VT 5L, WH LS1 Stato (Daily), TDCi Focus, Probe V6
Hi,

I have a problem that has cropped up since changing a few things.

It all began when I installed some Bosch Super6 injectors.

I've Had my chip tuned my GreenFoam - (which may i add, is the single best mod i have done to my car!!) to suit all the mods i have, so tune issue is out.

The problem is when i turn the key it wont turn over until i hear a little relay under the dash click on (about 1.5 seconds of holding the key in "start").

Then when the car is idling it can be incredibly rough, coughing and farting and such. it will continue to do this if throttle is applied. until it seems that the engine warms a little.
then it appears fine.

But then while driving within the first 10mins it may get incredibly rough again and stall. when it does i have to crank it for maybe 10sec with the full throttle applied for it to start. then i may never do it the entire remaining trip.

--

I have just replaced the O2 sensor.
I thought it may be the fuel reg, but i replaced that with another one i had and it made no difference.

The weirdest thing is that when it's idling if you remove the fuel pump fuse it idles perfectly, but obviously as soon as any throttle is applied the engine stalls.

My car wont turn over with the fuel pump fuse removed either. not sure if that's typical VR

Because of the intermittant nature of the fault i can't think of anything other than a sensor, but i'm not sure where to start.

When it's running really rough my boost/vac guage shows a vac reading well above (about -15 to -20in-hg) the normal healthy reading (usually -25 to -30in-hg)

also i have removed the bellmouth. i cannot hear any vac leaks, and wouldn't match up with the intermittant nature of the fault.

any clues??

speco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v8 manual Calais, Ve ute, 68 Hk Holden v8
hey buddy

my old vr the coil pack wiring came loose and when the car warmed up it was able to bridge enuf gap to run fine, there is a srew that hold the wires in place try tightening it or pull it out and tighten the conections maybe??

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Search, in the How To section "Checking for codes" follow that and it should pin point the problem if it's a faulty sensor of sort.

Watejs06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS Ute
Hay Mate ,

it sounds like you have a leak on one or more injector seals ,

the term is hunting , however i think yout past the stage of the revs going up and down , to just plane crap idle .

when a motor starts to hunt all it is doing is seaching for a good vacuum , once the injector seals have warmed up a bit than they will seat in properly thats when the cars starts to drive alright.

if i were you id go back and check that all the injectors are in properly are the seals are fine.

cheers

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
leaking injectors id try for

when you pull the fuse out you loose pressure in the rails so less can pass through the injector..

thats my guess mate

as said check for faults

JA2Z

Reaction score
Website
www.studiomarban.com
Members Ride
VT 5L, WH LS1 Stato (Daily), TDCi Focus, Probe V6
Ok Solved!!

I removed the injectors and fuel rail, dismantled fuel rail to check seals, cleaned the injector seats and rings, reassembled fuel rail, and reinstalled the injectors.

Fixed!!

Must have been a Vac leak through one of the injector seals. Just as Watejs06 predicted

Thanks Guys