Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help VY II Vibration on Idle

J

jethro

Hi,

we have a VYII that has a annoying vibration when idling in drive with the ac on ? its in the dash or perhaps the base idle is out. Do you have to reset the base idle if the battery goes flat ??

thanks

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
Nah you dont have to reset the base idle in these cars cheif. Ive felt the vibration you are talking about in a few cars vs-vy and could very well be normal although it feels no good.. My car is the other way around, it idles smoother when you turn the A/C on!

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Nah you dont have to reset the base idle in these cars cheif. Ive felt the vibration you are talking about in a few cars vs-vy and could very well be normal although it feels no good.. My car is the other way around, it idles smoother when you turn the A/C on!

I agree. My V6 manual has a lot of vibration at idle (ever since new) although my VTII is smooth as silk. I have tried changing plugs and leads which didn't help. Luck of the draw I think.

Puggle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Man Sedan Cosmo
bloody joke mate, I feel sorry for ya. My VYII SS has this very problem, Holden dealers Sydney wide either swear it's NOT there, or acknowledge it's there but swear it's normal. Another one said it's only normal because it's manual. Another different one said it is crap fuel I'm using (98)...

"Luck of the draw" is the best comment I've heard on these forums for a while, in reference to VT-VZs. So true. If you haven't found the answer after a couple of tries, minimise it and live with it OR sell/replace it.

Best of luck! Matt :thumbsup:

CNULTR

SLEEP3r
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary II
My car would vibrate at the lights and in P,dealer said its the throttle body so got that cleaned warranty didnt cover it and at the moment looks like it has worked but cant say much as of yet.

mjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S/Charged S-Pack
Just reading, no its an old thread but dealer told me it was a A/C mount and they tightened it. Though it never fixed the problem. VY S/C V6.

blownba

Reaction score
Try cleaning your throttle bodies out first and the ISC motor. This can have a massive impact on idle, and it alot of cases it fixes most of idle probs.
Make susre your engine mounts are in good shape as they are hydraulic units and they regularly split and bush all the fluid out of em. Did one yesterday on a V8.

Aryashahin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Calais supercharged V6
i had the same problem , but after cleaning throttle bodies it improved a bit. however in really hot days when Ac is one, i could feel the rough idling