Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!!

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
I wouldn't worry too much about a code as they all just read it and clear it if it is the usual ones. Mine did it a few times when newish. Was just a O2 sensor. I use lots of 98 and no ethanol and had no lights come on since. If you use unknown fuel sources or ethanol cut fuel you should run at least 1 in 3 tanks of 98 to help clean and avoid probs. Will also reduce fuel consumption.

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
I wouldn't worry too much about a code as they all just read it and clear it if it is the usual ones. Mine did it a few times when newish. Was just a O2 sensor. I use lots of 98 and no ethanol and had no lights come on since. If you use unknown fuel sources or ethanol cut fuel you should run at least 1 in 3 tanks of 98 to help clean and avoid probs. Will also reduce fuel consumption.

Thanks for the heads up, I only put e10 in because I was broke, sticking with 98 now, cheers.

xforcefreak1

301rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sportwagon 6.0L
bro same thing happened to me when i put e10 in my wagon, engine light came on and it ran like absolute ****...drained fuel and hooked up the computer to clear the engine light code and changed fuel didnt come back on

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
bro same thing happened to me when i put e10 in my wagon, engine light came on and it ran like absolute ****...drained fuel and hooked up the computer to clear the engine light code and changed fuel didnt come back on
Really that's weird hey, my friend said its because they don't measure the ethanol when they make I compared to your regular and premium, maybe that could be why, but Iam only running premium from now on.

MzVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore s2
I just joined today, I have the same thing happen could be nothing it happened once my fuel cap was loose :/ also if ur due for a service, or ur wires or plugs might need looking at