Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP

Sarah032

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi there I have an 06 VE Omega and am having loads of problems with it. Have recently had the BCM replaced and a new battery as all interior lights and horn was randomly going off and battery was always draining. Now every 5th time I try to start the car it won’t start always has to be jumped also the ABS light hand brake light and stability control lights are on plz help and the check engine light just came on showing p0603 for KAM fail

Sarah032

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi there I have an 06 VE Omega and am having loads of problems with it. Have recently had the BCM replaced and a new battery as all interior lights and horn was randomly going off and battery was always draining. Now every 5th time I try to start the car it won’t start always has to be jumped also the ABS light hand brake light and stability control lights are on plz help and the check engine light just came on showing p0603 for KAM fail
Also when I lock the car sometimes the internal lights in the centre console area don’t turn off

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
It sounds like you have a wiring issue or an electronic control module issue. Or possibly both of those things if shorted wiring has taken out a control module.

I doubt it’s going to be easy to track down yourself so you might need an auto electrician to look at it and diagnose what the problem is. First up would be to visually inspect the whole wiring harness throughout the car and see if anything looks out of the ordinary. Then it’s going to be a multimeter and diagnostic checking after that.

https://www.solopcms.com/blog/p0603-code-what-means-how-to-fix/

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
where in melbourne are you
and as usual with ve, the battery condition is the most common fault
what battery and size did you get

Sarah032

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
where in melbourne are you
and as usual with ve, the battery condition is the most common fault
what battery and size did you get
I’m on the peninsula got a new battery 2 months ago

Attachments

• 39C690B1-756D-402D-A8F3-1A84D8F11636.jpeg
    39C690B1-756D-402D-A8F3-1A84D8F11636.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 99

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Some more specific information on P0603 from the Holden VE Service Manual:

Attachments

• VE DTC P0603 etc..pdf
    266.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Type Definitions.pdf
    195.2 KB · Views: 133

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
have a good wiggle on the battery cables to ensure they are tight
i think you need an autoelec to take a look

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes, this sounds like a fiddly issue.
There has been loads of rain over east and there is one critical loom connection right next to where water drains from the windscreen.
It's the engine loom harness connector down below the brake booster and near the exhaust manifold. If that has got moisture in it, some of this is possible. An auto elect could easily check its integrity. All voltage must be bled from the systems capacitors with battery disconnected first.

Make sure battery connections are tight as.
Another to check is the main positive cable from the battery to the firewall. It's right up under the dash high, behind the glove box. Ours was not very tight and left uncovered in manufacture. Whoopsie daisy. Only check that with battery negative terminal disconnected and secured away safely.

The integrity of the cam sensor can be tested by a technician with the right tools using the guides posted by @BlackVXGTS. Make sure the mechanic or technician looking at it doesn't fire the parts cannon unless there's more than guess work involved.

There's a gremlin in there somewhere and I'd suggest it was in there before the BCM swap.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
KAM is keep alive memory its used when vehicle is off, possible battery/connection/wiring issues if thats loosing memory

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I noticed its a 450CCA battery. I have an 850CCA for the Calais V6 and my VZ Crewman V6.
Maybe the little guy is struggling with starting and having enough available voltage?