Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
think VE comes out with the 450cca which is too small for it, like it will last just not as long as a bigger one shouldnt cause these issues

Sarah032

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I noticed its a 450CCA battery. I have an 850CCA for the Calais V6 and my VZ Crewman V6.
Maybe the little guy is struggling with starting and having enough available voltage?
I thought that too cos my partner has an 07 series 1 VE which has 650CCA but the last battery I had in the car was the same before it got fried and I had to put in a new one so I think it’s bigger than just that

Sarah032

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Yes, this sounds like a fiddly issue.
There has been loads of rain over east and there is one critical loom connection right next to where water drains from the windscreen.
It's the engine loom harness connector down below the brake booster and near the exhaust manifold. If that has got moisture in it, some of this is possible. An auto elect could easily check its integrity. All voltage must be bled from the systems capacitors with battery disconnected first.

Make sure battery connections are tight as.
Another to check is the main positive cable from the battery to the firewall. It's right up under the dash high, behind the glove box. Ours was not very tight and left uncovered in manufacture. Whoopsie daisy. Only check that with battery negative terminal disconnected and secured away safely.

The integrity of the cam sensor can be tested by a technician with the right tools using the guides posted by @BlackVXGTS. Make sure the mechanic or technician looking at it doesn't fire the parts cannon unless there's more than guess work involved.

There's a gremlin in there somewhere and I'd suggest it was in there before the BCM swap.
Ok I’ll check all the connections and if nothing still do you think I should just bite the bullet and take it to an auto elec?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You’re going to have to. Either way, finding the problem isn’t going to be easy.

If it were mine, regardless of battery age, take it to battery world to have its health checked. It’s free or a nominal fee. It should be load tested.

If there is not enough voltage for all the systems to run, the ECM starts cutting them out one by one so there’s voltage to run the engine.

So, with that in mind, there might be a reason why the previous battery was no good. It might have been a low voltage condition that caused the communication issue with the BCM.

The new battery seems under gunned for the task to me. That would lead to a similar repeat of the situation.

So get it checked for little to no money at Battery world first. That rules out a possible cause and provides a solid starting point for further fault finding.

It could get expensive because fault finding and diagnostics are time consuming.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Here’s a similar thread

and with the end result you can see why we all say it’s electrical (as in low voltage or broken wire or harness plug has been compromised somewhere.) rather than faulty modules or sensors.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I thought that too cos my partner has an 07 series 1 VE which has 650CCA but the last battery I had in the car was the same before it got fried and I had to put in a new one so I think it’s bigger than just that

What caused the last battery to be fried?

Sarah032

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
You’re going to have to. Either way, finding the problem isn’t going to be easy.

If it were mine, regardless of battery age, take it to battery world to have its health checked. It’s free or a nominal fee. It should be load tested.

If there is not enough voltage for all the systems to run, the ECM starts cutting them out one by one so there’s voltage to run the engine.

So, with that in mind, there might be a reason why the previous battery was no good. It might have been a low voltage condition that caused the communication issue with the BCM.

The new battery seems under gunned for the task to me. That would lead to a similar repeat of the situation.

So get it checked for little to no money at Battery world first. That rules out a possible cause and provides a solid starting point for further fault finding.

It could get expensive because fault finding and diagnostics are time consuming.
Perfect thank you I’ll get the battery checked on the weekend and post an update

Sarah032

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Ok so the plot thickens the battery is fine apparently and now it is throwing more codes after I cleared the one from yesterday
60BE8534-0D58-49C0-AA6B-4C50E338F09A.jpeg
5B5D8B92-4C1C-4CD6-8AE6-FA037B611739.jpeg

Attachments

• 401E7251-5F0D-469C-B471-C5C9653A2CB7.jpeg
    401E7251-5F0D-469C-B471-C5C9653A2CB7.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 58

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
can your scan tool display live data
look for voltage ranges