Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heron's VK SL Project

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Today I attacked some of the wiring. I unplugged the harness from the fuse box, and pulled the harness back into the cabin, pulled the front carpet out, and swore multiple times while tracing the wires for the central locking and alarm system, and cutting it out. Found a heap of cut off wires under the carpet in the passenger footwell. Also found a bunch of black wires running up behind the heater box, I don't know what they're for, and seeing as they're all black, I don't think they're part of the factory harness. Anyhoo here's some pics:

311f28365ad163e470eb8f814bc3d718_zpsb476877b.jpg

be467c24585bbab5d8b46a060f4cd9a0_zpsa7d39e63.jpg

Dunno what these are:

ee6fbe641f8a9a2e1f596cbc7e09bcdf_zps4bffa8be.jpg

Bye bye:

31e959e01679c324b67590f449af2a72_zpse79c9ced.jpg

Turn my head for two seconds and Larry strikes again:

c9b6d53361db97b3e0df0b877d71d7e6_zps9775fc9b.jpg

Does anyone have a pic of a dash with the plastics removed so I can get an idea of how the standard harness runs? Sitting in the car looking at all the wiring, I have no fking idea what's meant to stay and what I can pull out.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
might as well rip it all out and start again cause your never gonna work out whats what with all you removed and all the stuff ari removed :p

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bwahahaha yes this is true. How hard would it be to rip the old harness out and stick another one in? I don't know what's been cut and joined when the alarm was put in, so cutting the alarm out might end up causing problems down the track when I'm trying to get the new motor to start.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Scored a new dash, crash pad, high rise console, door trims, arm rests, ash trays, parcel tray and front seats in cerulean. Picking it up Sunday.

VRNathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Berlina
Lol.

Sort of glad this found a new home.

When I sold it, it still had the diff in it, and that was about it. The 6al ended in getting damaged by a friend who I lent it to and never returned, since have bought the same ignition system to power the motor out of this into my new vk.

FYI ari, it's had a manual conversion and runs well, dynod at 198rwkw earlier this year.

VRNathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Berlina
Don't get me wrong it was a great car at the time, but getting it rwc was pretty hard at the time, no one wanted to write one up with the boot floor like it was, regardless of the work / effort ari put into it, plus a a few other things.

That car has been passed on to many people, it was a good rig, here's hoping you get it how you want it and rolling again, was certainly a head turner back in the day with those twin 2" diff stopped pipes haha, plenty of things quicker , but nothing really ever sounded as nice.

I remember actually when I was leaving aris shop after looking at it, and he jumped on the gas a dropped a patch up the road,that was a sight / sound to behold haha

I was young, dumb, did some silly things to it and with it, didn't have time to fix it up to what people reckoned was rwc, I'm sure it's in good hands now though, good luck with the build.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
i'm happy with it, its got bugger all rust which is a bonus these days, and at least i can see the recent history of the car and what bodywork has been done. its not gonna need too much work before i get it painted.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep. the guy who bought it off you towed it home and it sat on his trailer in his backyard until i bought it, so i got it basically how you sold it