Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

||| hi_ryder's VP Calais LS1

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Mate that come up sweet

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
As far as I'm aware all GM vehicles have a 0-90 ohm sender, so you should be able to ditch the VP fuel pump and sender all together and plate the hole over. Then all you need to do is cut a hole in the top of the tank, weld the ring on then drop the VT module straight in. Job done.

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
That coil relocation plate seems to do the job, if you did put more love into it I think it would look great, as it stands now it isn't hideous.

Thanks for the pics, My main problem is actually underneath where the header pipes straighten out and run parallel to the frame. Do you have any issues down there?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
As far as I'm aware all GM vehicles have a 0-90 ohm sender, so you should be able to ditch the VP fuel pump and sender all together and plate the hole over. Then all you need to do is cut a hole in the top of the tank, weld the ring on then drop the VT module straight in. Job done.

ok guess that settles that.... ill see if i can track down a long range tank.

That coil relocation plate seems to do the job, if you did put more love into it I think it would look great, as it stands now it isn't hideous.

Thanks for the pics, My main problem is actually underneath where the header pipes straighten out and run parallel to the frame. Do you have any issues down there?

ahhhh, ok ill see if i can take pics of that tomorrow

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
passenger side, ill round off all the 90 degree angles, and hollow out the blacked areas. driver side will follow this design... think im going to wrinkle paint these so's i can hide the arts and crafts look.... tried to line them up best i could to the other side. me needs to buy a dremel me thinks....

photobucket-22415-1420958574461_zps941cec64.jpg

photobucket-66475-1420958612593_zps7c6b1cf8.jpg

photobucket-67336-1420958644740_zpsf21aa4bf.jpg

photobucket-56106-1420958689543_zps05ff0cfd.jpg

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
terminal no need for me to take pics of the exhaust under the car. the pipes are hard up against the fuel and brakes lines. theyll all have to be moved...

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
terminal no need for me to take pics of the exhaust under the car. the pipes are hard up against the fuel and brakes lines. theyll all have to be moved...

Ok so I guess i'm not the only one. Haven't seen it mentioned though in any of the forum threads I read through over the time i've been planning/undertaking the project.

Also that relocation plate looks good, if you could keep/make any template i'd love to make my own.