Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

||| hi_ryder's VP Calais LS1

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Question: Would you be interested in a VQ Caprice series 2 (Black with woodgrain trim) Dashboard?
As a donation to you?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Question: Would you be interested in a VQ Caprice series 2 (Black with woodgrain trim) Dashboard?
As a donation to you?

actually i was planning on replacing the dash at some point anyway (warped right above the glovebox light) and im pretty sure ill be having to take it out anyway for the wiring job. thanks for the offer man really cool of you... ill say yes! you have all the pieces that go with it?

this ones done...

photobucket-10251-1421223982982_zps8397c0ce.jpg

photobucket-138037-1421224051908_zps9fc7dcac.jpg

photobucket-19243-1421224083610_zpsc9075ff6.jpg

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
actually i was planning on replacing the dash at some point anyway (warped right above the glovebox light) and im pretty sure ill be having to take it out anyway for the wiring job. thanks for the offer man really cool of you... ill say yes! you have all the pieces that go with it?

this ones done...

mate, shoot me a photo/scan/whatever with dimensions once your done and ill cad them up and get some fancy ones laser cut for you

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
mate, shoot me a photo/scan/whatever with dimensions once your done and ill cad them up and get some fancy ones laser cut for you

was when i was typing the last post i added "wheres a flow jet when you need it" then deleted it lol... that would be friggin awesome man. cheers...

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Ryder,
I should have it all. will dust it off over the weekend and double check. It's just sitting in the shed collecting dust and cobwebs. Would love to see it go to a good home.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
so stockies came by during the week with this. hey i really appreciate it dude, this is a come up...

all the pieces are there, have the 2 tone dash ends too with the wood, as well as full cluster binnacle with with with vq caprice button stocks (same as vp calais).

there is some overspray on the dash that i was able to clean off (99% of it). its visible close up, but if it bothers me enough ill just repaint it. shouldnt be a problem, everything looks mint. i wiped the whole dash down with some multi purpose thinners, then gave a wipe with some leather conditioner i had laying around. came up a treat...

2015-01-22_17-31-06_581_zpsarkpcamo.jpg

2015-01-22_17-26-26_958_zps7qbcxbml.jpg

im debating on weather to do some custom door trims wood to match the dash, in factory caprice style, but maybe refinish everything dark mahogany. keep it gangster looking...

damn even had the gloveboxs too, your a legend man cheers again...

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Will try to remember to catch up with you and give you that one piece I forgot.....

Will look great in your car, even the speaker vents are in really good condition.
Going to change the badge over to your Calais one? or leave it as Caprice?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Will try to remember to catch up with you and give you that one piece I forgot.....

Will look great in your car, even the speaker vents are in really good condition.
Going to change the badge over to your Calais one? or leave it as Caprice?

yes changing to calais one, matter of fact ive got an NOS dash badge new in the plastic i bought off ebay like 5 years ago. never fitted... will be going on this dash....