Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High Court recognises third category of sex

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
A transgender is someone who swaps their sex via surgical intervention and intersex means you are born with no specific male or female genitalia.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Ultimately nothing is going to change. When filling out any forms there will still be the two options, male or female.

Not true. We're in the process of updating all our systems/forms to include "non-specific". Much cheaper than being sued for discrimination. Sad but true.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Wouldn't the word unisex be a better option than non-specific?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Maybe the question should be changed to:

Genetically Male
Genetically Female

Or on another slightly "pandering" note, why even have that question on a form to begin with? If we are truly moving towards more equality of the sexes, why would it even matter if you were male or female? Apart from statistical data like the Census, who really cares on a tax return if you are male or female, or filling out a credit card application?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think organisations like to keep statistics on customers in fields such as age, gender, occupation etc. to aid with their marketing etc.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Don't poofters and trannies both identify with the term "queer"? I mean that's the motif up in lights on floats and at bars during the Sydney Mardis Gras parade, 'queer as fcuk', quite international too, so why not use that as the third checkbox?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ummm...because gays, lesbians and bisexuals usually identify exclusively as male or female?

Queer is sometimes used as an umbrella term to describe anything/one that isn't hetrosexual and/or gender binary, and yes it is used in the community itself. Some surveys I have seen have asked for sexual orientation, it will usually ask gay/straight/bisexual.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Some surveys I have seen have asked for sexual orientation,...it will usually ask gay/straight/bisexual.

So now they will have to include N/A as a further option ?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
So now they will have to include N/A as a further option ?

Interesting point, some people identify as 'asexual' i.e. they never have any romantic partners, you might have.....people into bestiality (which I believe is illegal anyway....). Have never seen a form that says 'other', however a legal challenge to amend that would be potentially very embarrassing for the claimant, so I don't seec hanges hapenning there.