Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High Court recognises third category of sex

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
The forms don't care what/who u do, in ur spare time.. it just needs to know what sex U are.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Interesting point, some people identify as 'asexual' i.e. they never have any romantic partners, you might have.....people into bestiality (which I believe is illegal anyway....). Have never seen a form that says 'other', however a legal challenge to amend that would be potentially very embarrassing for the claimant, so I don't seec hanges hapenning there.

I had never heard of a court ruling on "non-specific" sex until recently either. I don;t see how a legal challenge on the content of forms would be any different to that already proceeded with. it would be a natural continuation.

The forms don't care what/who u do, in ur spare time.. it just needs to know what sex U are.

But the whole point is the ruling in regards to "non-specific" sex....not male...not female. Certain people don't identify with the choices on the forms. It has nothing to do with what/who people do in their spare time, it is about who they are all of the time.

For the record, I am specifically Male.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
But the whole point is the ruling in regards to "non-specific" sex....not male...not female. Certain people don't identify with the choices on the forms. For the record, I am specifically Male.

xx or xy or a variant of that which makes you male or female

It has nothing to do with what/who people do in their spare time, it is about who they are all of the time.

i was more refering to the asexual, les/gay tranny

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
If there's only three boxes, then it has to be:
Male
Female
Other

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Gender ruling: High Court recognises third category of sex - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

This has started a massive argument on the ABC Facebook page.
Personally I think you can refer to yourself as being any gender you like, doesn't concern me and I'm happy for people to go about their business how they please.
What concerns me is the notion that it need go to court and waste resources. Why not just be happy in your own heart with your choice.
Ultimately nothing is going to change. When filling out any forms there will still be the two options, male or female.

Also the fact that media , take these stories and run with it , and make a meal of it for the next week , until the next story comes up , that sells a few papers , so the drones on facetube or Ubook , can have something to talk about .